“Great Price!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Decided to take two days to drive back from visiting family in Atlanta. We stopped in Charlotte because it's half way home. I originally thought this hotel was in the city center, but found out it was a bit south of the city. But that ended up being OK. The suite was great, clean and soundproof. I needed a good nights' sleep and got one. We had to call the maintenance person three times, once because the bath spigot wouldn't turn on; then the TV wasn't set for an X-Box hook up, then the toilet kept running. Each time the guy fixed everything quickly and efficiently.

I got room service and my order was incorrect, but they quickly made it right. The food was really good.

We enjoyed our overnight stay very much. I asked for extended stay and they didn't charge me extra. I always have had good experiences at Embassy Suites!

Room Tip: Make reservations and ask for the room you want.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have read some of the other reviews and have had a totally different experience. This is a VERY nice hotel first off. I found it clean, the staff is very nice and helpful, the rooms are large and comfortable. I love Embassy Suites and find them very consistent in their product. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again! Don't let the bad reviews scare you off, you won't be disappointed!

Wake Forest, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have stayed in various Embassy suites all over the U.S and this is by far the worst one. We booked a two night stay over the July 4th weekend. The room they first put us in had a strong musty odor similar to a wet basement. They then moved us to another room on a different floor. This room had a worst odor than the first one. I spoke to the desk clerk but there were no more rooms available. The hotel was crowded and full of some suspicious looking people. They have an armed guard there walking around so that should tell you something right there. The hotel clerk seemed annoyed that she had to try to accomadate us. Evidently she missed the friendly customer service class of her training. I called the Embassy Suites in nearby Concord and booked a room there. They gave me a great rate to help me out and even upgraded our room to a corner suite when we arrived. We have stayed at the Concord Embassy Suites before and its always first rate. I should of just booked that one from the get go. I strongly recommend NOT to stay at the Embassy Suites Charlotte. Stay at the Embassy in Concord!!

Room Tip: terrible service and disgusting smelly rooms
south carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I booked two rooms at this Embassy Suites to spend 2 days in Charlotte. The staff was very friendly at the front desk and at the nightly reception. However, the rooms didn't feel very clean. Both rooms smelled very musty and like mildew. The room my husband and I stayed in had a cockroach the size of my pinky and my son was scared to go back in the room until my husband attacked it with his shoe. When I first entered my room, there were pieces of cereal on top of our television set from previous guests (I guess this was what the cockroach had been munching on!). The bathroom floor had dirt/stains on it and it remained that way the entire stay. The tub had mildew in it. I had to request washclothes from the front desk at 11:30 pm, because the maid didn't leave any in our room, only towels and hand towels. I was told they would send housekeeping right up. At midnight, I called again and asked where the washclothes were, and finally at 12:15 am I received some! The first night we stayed the evening reception was great and well-stocked. The next night the snacks were horrible- the cheese for the nachos was so watery it looked like colored water and was inedible. Overall, I have been to alot nicer Embassy Suites with alot cleaner rooms. I got a good price for this stay, so I chose it, but I am not sure about next time.

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The room was clean and above average. The bed was absolutely one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on - divine.

Now, for the negative. I was expecting to have a nice selection of channels on the TV, not so. I was looking forward to catching up on some shows but did not get to watch them because of the limited amount of stations. Also, I was surprised you have to pay for local calls if you use the phone in your room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Hi. Thanks so much for posting your review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I'm happy to hear it was mostly positive but did read your comments on our channel selection. I wanted to mention we will be upgrading our channel selection this year as well as adding HD content. Hopefully, we'll have in place before you return the next time you're in Charlotte! Take care, Kevin Plucker, GM
Sparta, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for a week in June. The hotel is very clean and accomidating. The breakfast is wonderful and I found the managers reception very relaxing. I think what makes this hotel is the staff. The are very polite and helpful. The restaurant Omaha Steakhouse was wonderful as well. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011
Hello. Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear it was a positive experience. I hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Cordially,
Kevin Plucker
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My family stayed in this hotel as we were traveling between destinations for the July 4th holiday. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member and was thrilled that he received an upgrade to the presidential suite! It was fabulous for our family - - large den area and huge 8 seater table with wet bar area. The view of downtown was fabulous! The suite was shaped like a V with the bedrooms at the end of each side, so there was plenty of privacy when traveling with kids. The shower in the master bath was AMAZING with 5 shower heads to massage you!

The hotel was centrally located and easy to get to with a great number of restaurants within a short drive. There is also an Omaha Steak place in the hotel that had a decent menu with reasonably priced kids meals. The morning breakfast was good with a wide variety of foods.

The indoor pool was much bigger than most Embassy Suites pools and had a hot tub and outdoor private sundeck.

This is an older hotel, but it is well cleaned and maintained. I noticed it had a shuttle, but we did not have need for it. I appreciated that they posted signs by the elevators to remind people coming in late in the evening to keep the noise level down after 10 p.m. We were there at the same time as a youth group and a family reunion but slept great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hello. Thanks so much for your nice comments on our hotel! I appreciate your feedback and have shared your review with the team. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you return.
Kevin Plucker

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte? Share your experiences!