“Very nice but no wifi in the rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park

You added Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park to your Saves list
Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 West W.T. Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28262 (Mineral Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Shopping
Ranked #61 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“Very nice but no wifi in the rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This was a very nice hotel, but having no wifi in the rooms was a bit disappointing. We checked in and went to our room which smelled like cigarettes. I called the front desk to alert them and they moved us to a new room right away. The room was super clean and the bed super comfy. The pillows were like a little slice of heaven. They were very soft yet provided support. Wifi was only available in the lobby, which also contained three computers with internet for guest use. We only stayed one night but would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Came here last minute after a terrible experience with another hotel. They got me in & came to my room to check on me. The room was spotless, Ronnie has wonderful customer care skills. This is my new Charlotte hotel of choice

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

Ate at the bar, the food was good. Room was very clean until I stumbled on my balcony. Guess the last person that stayed in my room likes to smoke weed. Tons of left overs. I ended up throwing it all away. I'm high on life! Maids check to see if balconies are clean as well.

• Stayed March 2012
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I work with a band so I get to this hotel every year. I'm never dissapointed but they have updated their facility so I wanted to update my review.
The front desk staff is amazing. Not just with my easy-breezy check in for a group of 12... but seeing how they interact with other guests. Not only are they receptive to your needs... they're proactive in anticipating what you might need. In my case, they called to see when we were arriving and then had the rooms & keys ready. They also had a place to park the bus... and a back up plan in case the lot was full.
Outside the hotel there are several restaurant options and shopping at the shopping center across the street.
I will stay here whenever possible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed here 12/6/11-12/7/11. Pretty average hotel.

The freshly decorated lobby is nice and welcoming but leads you to quite the disappointment once you get to your room. While nice and bright, it's much too bright to sit down and enjoy a cocktail though. The "bar / restaurant" consisted of a fast-food-esque counter and just didn't seem very inviting. We skipped it all together upon check-in and didn't even think of stopping for a drink before or after we went out for dinner.

The rooms themselves haven't been upgraded in, what, 10-15 years?? Not a big issue. Like I said, very much average. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Had some trouble connecting to the internet via a network cable (no WiFi.) Once I established the connection though, it was fine.

We were in the area for a mid-morning meeting so I slept-in but was awakened by the housekeeping service at about 8:10 am. They weren't knocking on my door just yet, just noisy enough in the hallway to wake me up. Then, as I was brushing my teeth, they entered the room uninvited. I'm assuming they knocked but I didn't hear them over the faucet running. (Strange, since their voices in the hallway awoke me 10 minutes earlier.) Luckily, I had the door chain locked and no harm was done... I also have to mention that there was a major lack of hot water in the shower. A morning rush on the water heaters is one thing but needing to turn the knob as "hot" as it would go and having it be barely tolerable is another thing. All at about 8:30 am.

Lastly, there wasn't a coffee maker in the room, so, after getting ready and packing my bags in the car, I went back in to get a cup of coffee from the lobby and much to my surprise, this was not complimentary. I paid $2.17 for a cup at the fancy fast-food-like counter, but skipped the $7.45 breakfast sandwich.

In conclusion, this hotel is what it is: average. It's relatively clean, feels safe enough, and is close to several chain restaurants so you aren't forced to eat in the lobby. It's also relatively close to the Interstate though my colleague and I both thought it strange that gas stations were tough to come by (for whatever that's worth...).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Jonesborough, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, close to dining and shopping, the ikea store down the road was amazing. Wifi would have been nice if avabale

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Red Lodge, MT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have never written a hotel review, although I have stayed in many through the years. The bed was comfortable, but this hotel has almost no amenities. No complimentary breakfast, no vending machines (except for next to lobby), no microwave, no fridge, and no hair dryer. That's right, no hair dryer.

When I got back home, I noticed that my credit card had been charged more than the balance on the receipt I was given upon departure. When I called to ask why there was a discrepancy, I was informed that this was a deposit just in case I bought breakfast or something from the vending area in the lobby. Or, she said it might be a deposit in case I smoked in the room. She said I would receive my surprise "deposit" back within 10 days. Bizarre and completely unacceptable to me. No more Marriott for this traveler!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Charlotte University Research Park? Share your experiences!