“Had a pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Orangeburg,
“Had a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

After two crappy days of travel, I was pleased with this hotel. I was able to check in early, which was a perk. The room was clean and the location near shopping and dining was convenient. I was traveling with my young son and we enjoyed time in the pool (tip to others: towels are in the exercise room, not outside as I have experienced with other Courtyard Marriotts), had a good small supper bite at the small bistro and enjoyed breakfast there, too. This was my second good experience at a Courtyard Marriott this summer - great for our young family. The properties seem to be consistent and we will seek them out on other trips. We had a breakfast voucher and also a $5 off coupon for a dinner entree so that helped keep our costs down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Here on business and can say I was very pleased. The room was very clean, a little small but hey it was just me so no complaints. The front desk staff were also very nice. Definatly would go back if visiting Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2013
Justin K, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
kj610914,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that the front desk staff met your expectations and that your room was very clean. Our staff is our biggest asset and I am pleased to know that they met all of your expectations. We hope to see you on your next visit to Charlotte!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights over July 4th in this hotel and used it as a base for going to Carowinds, shopping at the outlet, and for some nature viewing (Latta Nature Preserve and the Raptor Center). Clean, modern hotel with excellent service. Nice pool area that the kids loved. Super comfortable beds! Excellent location right across from the Southpark mall and lots of restaurants. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Justin K, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
ch0h0,

Thank You for choosing our hotel as your base during your trip here last week! I am glad the kids enjoyed the pool and that our staff was able to provide the excellent service we strive for! We hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Charlotte. Be sure to check out the National Whitewater Center on your next visit. They have whitewater rafting, canoes, kayaking, hiking/walking trails and many other outdoor family activities.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great hidden gem that shouldn't be overlooked. I was pleasantly surprised that this location was around the corner from upscale shopping and dining. The hotel was clean, quiet, and with great service. I did not take advantage of the in-house bistro, but the food did smell good. I didn't rate this property 5 stars, as this is reserved for full-service resorts/hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sandpower_S,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel! We are in a great location, just minutes from South Park Mall and many great restaurants. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and received great service from our staff. Next time you are here be sure to try out the Bistro, the Flat Bread’s and Asian Chicken Salad are delicious!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Reserved two adjoining rooms for a family outing. The rooms were clean and well appointed.
The staff was friendly and the breakfast offered many good options. It was well located for our many activities in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
legaldale,

Thank You for choosing our hotel for your family outing! The Bistro is a great concept with the new Courtyard Lobby. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next family outing, and be sure to check out the new seasonal items in the Bistro!
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel and it provided everything we needed. We were there at the end of May and enjoyed a quiet stay. The courtyard/pool area was lovely and in the evening there were people out there with their beers conducting business via cellphone. I took advantage of the fitness center and pool in the morning and had the pool to myself for some exercise laps. I was glad we had a room on a higher floor because it would not be my preference to be right by the pool. But I'm sure some families would love that! The bartender at the Bistro was very accommodating and we enjoyed having a personal TV in our booth while in the bistro. The staff was very nice and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MDtravelertoo,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Courtyard and Pool area. The media pods with personal televisions are a great addition with the new Courtyard Lobby! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Charlotte.
MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a Marriott Gold elite member. I was not upgraded as promised by Marriott Rewards. I was told there were no suites available to upgrade to. This was told to me by the front desk who said the manager told her this. I checked the reservations each night and there were suites available every night during my stay. I was flat out lied to. If your expecting to take advantage of your Marriott Rewards status here, go some where else.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte SouthPark? Share your experiences!