“Here for business” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trinity, North Carolina, United States
“Here for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed two night's for business the room's are very clean the bed was soft I didn't have kids running up and down the halls so I could work and sleep all in all a pleasant stay the staff were friendly and helpful so I would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Terrific stay. Staff bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant. We were able to use a meeting room for a pizza night with extended family at no extra charge. Great price and convenient location. Pool courtyard area woul be great in warmer weather.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel in November 2012. It was for a leisure trip to Charlotte. The hotel itself was nice and clean. There were a lot of guests during our stay but the noise was minimal. We had a double-queen room. The only complaint I have is that our bed was sort of hard, while the other bed was extremely comfortable. This probably isn't the case for every room, but I did want to point that out. It wasn't so bad where we requested to switch rooms, but the mattress could have been a lot better. Also, I left my coat hangint in the closet and I called the day after we checked out to ask about it. I haven't received a call back yet but the day isn't over yet. Overall, if you are in town for business or play, this is a great option to choose!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel with my brother for one night. Staff was friendly, room was clean, overall a good experience. The location is in the middle of South Park with a lot of possibilities to eat.

Would stay there again when I am on a road trip.

• Stayed September 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a big hotel, many rooms are far from the lobby. The building and floor plan seem to be 20yrs+- old as do the office building nearby. It was far from my biz location but was the nearest with a room. I usually prefer Courtyards, however as the mid-priced option. This one has the new lobby, with bistro and lounge. The rooms are dated, especially the bathrooms, but have the new bedding and other decor.

Couple of complaints, there was some peeling popcorn texture in my room, and a 1"+ gap under the door!! (See photo). This is a huge privacy concern that should be addressed.

Overall an average experience.

• Stayed October 2012
CLTEX, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and we strive to consistently meet our guest's expectations. We are very excited to be receiving our guest room renovation that will be completed by January 31, 2013. Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went here with my husband for a weekend getaway. The The Southpark Mall is less than a block away. Great shopping if you want Upscale shops. The hotel was clean, updated, with no visible signs of wear and tear. The Beds were comfortable but not fantastic for the hotel rating. Wonderful Mexican restaurant located right outside the back door of the hotel (Pacos Tacos and Tequila.) The only complaint is the pillows that you use to sleep on are fiber filled, lumpy and small. Would expect a better pillow for the hotel rating it uses.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Webster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the past two years whenever I visit Charlotte. It find it very comfortable and convenient. The staff is efficient and friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the lobby amenities are exactly what a traveler needs. It has been perfect for me on the occasions I have traveled with family and those times I am alone.

Room Tip: This hotel has rooms that overlook the courtyard and there is no extra charge. Rooms next to the st...