“Good Area, Price Was Right!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #39 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alderson, West Virginia
“Good Area, Price Was Right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was very satisfied with the hotel and location, especially for the price. The hotel is in walking distance to a few eateries. I would definitely stay here again. The only issue is that there was not a vending machine on the 3rd floor, only an ice machine. They have a bar area that you can purchase soft drinks but at one point there was not an attendant and it did not seem to be self serve. The hotel is in the renovation process also. The only downfall is that there was a group of young boys on a soccer team that was also housed on our floor and the running through the halls, yelling, laughing, making beats on the room doors was horrible. The front desk person said there were many complaints. The hotel security officer came up several times, but it didn't seem to help. Otherwise, all was good

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and ice machines
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Simplicity29,

Thank you for the great review and for choosing Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood for your stay! We apologize for the noise of our other guests during your stay. We do have a lot of teams stay at our hotel during the sporting season and we do our best to keep the noise level at a minimum but sometimes it is beyond our control.

For vending options we have our Market area for snacks and beverages and it is located on the first floor by the front desk. We also have our Bistro for food & beverage options located in the lobby for the convenience of our guests.

We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to Charlotte and partake of some of our great dining options offered in our Bistro or our Market.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Good place to stay either business or pleasure trip, Friendly staff and rooms are clean and well maintained. I prefer staying here when I am back in town. Worth for the money I paid. Pool is in construction apart from that all other amenities are fine. Coolest part is there is restaurant in the hotel and you can order from room itself.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Victor D,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a review of our hotel! We are also honored to be the first review you've posted - thank you! Hopefully you will stay with us again and get the opportunity to enjoy our renovated courtyard, which should be completed within the next few weeks.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was very comfartable and offered great rates. The location is GREAT and the service was so great. I would stay again and recommend thsi hotel to anyone. The hotel is like new! Carowinds is closeby for families, and there are also food options as well!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ruby E,

Thank you for your fabulous review! We hope you will spend some time with us again if your family visits the area - like you said, Carowinds is close by. We are centrally located to a host of tourist attractions - Carowinds (less than a 5 minute drive), Uptown Charlotte (10 miles away), Billy Graham Library (8 miles away), Nascar Hall of Fame (10 miles away). Whenever you're visiting from the D.C. area we hope you feel Courtyard Arrowood is your home away from home.

temecula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I use Priceline and always get rooms with two beds.. Dozens of times.. Not here. They say that once your room is purchased through Priceline, they can't give you another room. I managed to get a king room with a pullout sofa, but there's no way they were gong to give be two real beds.

Employee was pretty nice, but very business-like.

Business center was nice - three computers and two printers.

Within minutes to carowinds. Very nice place that I'd highly recommend. Just don't be picky on bed selection when booking through a third party website.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Temecula951,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, we greatly appreciate it!

When booking rooms using outside sources - Expedia, Priceline, etc., - be sure to choose the type of room you want at the time of purchase because once on-site we will honor your selection. The reason for this is because prices vary per room type and we want to ensure our guests are getting what they paid for initially. If you need to make changes you would have to contact your booking source, as they are the ones who have your credit card information and can adjust accordingly.

We are glad you chose us for your stay and we hope to see you again for future visits.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

As a gold rewards member & loyal customer to the Marriott brand I was not impressed with this hotel for the following reasons.
1. Hotel is currently under renovation & I was not notified prior to check in.
2. Housekeeping placed water bottles that were already opened 3x during my stay.
3. Fire alarm in restroom went off due to "steam" and I had to hop out the shower in my towel and ask if I should be evacuating.
4. Keys were continually demagnetized & upon request to get new keys, front desk associate gave me attitude.
5. Room service from The Bistro was very slow.
6. I stayed in a Suite & the bedding for the pull out couch was not in the room upon arrival.
7. No luggage racks in room.
8. Parts of the hotel that are not renovated (ie hallways & elevators) are old & not well kept.

I called with my complaints upon arrival & GM called me to discuss the issues; she offered free breakfast due to the aforementioned inconveniences. Even though this was a nice gesture, it was not satisfactory compensation for the inconvenience and is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth about Courtyards. On the last day of my stay, I went down to discuss the sanitary concern with Housekeeping for continuing to place opened water bottles in my room and he did not offer new water bottles nor show empathy for the situation.

I will NEVER stay in this hotel again and be sure to take up my concerns with Marriott customer service directly.

Room Tip: Gold members get free upgrades.
Green Features: Hotel may become more environmentally-friendly with renovations.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lindsay N, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hi Erin J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay. This is how we learn and grow in the future. My team and I pride ourselves on customer service and I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

As a Gold Elite member with Mariott we truly appreciate your loyalty and hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future, giving us a chance to rebuild your confidence in our hotel.

The hotel completed a full hotel renovation last year and we believe the outdoor patio will be the final touch. Luckily, it is in its final stages and all that is left to do is lay the patio stone. Hopefully, you can make it back to see the finished product opening just in time for pool season!

I have followed up with my housekeeping and engineering team in regards to your other concerns and am certain they will not be a problem again in the future.

Thanks again, we value your time and feedback. Let us know next time you re in town and we will make sure we have a luggage rack in your room prior to your arrival.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel was walking distance to the office. Very quiet and comfortable hotel. Would highly recommend. Friendly and helpful staff too. Was a great value for the price.

The only knock was that the fitness room was really small with only a couple of treadmills. Not enough for a hotel this size.

Only had a bagel for breakfast the next morning, but it was good and the service was fast and friendly.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor overlooking the courtyard. The courtyard was under construction, but i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rhonda L.,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood! Thank you for the great review! The next time you're here I hope you'll have enough time to enjoy a full made to order breakfast, we have several to choose from in our Bistro. We hope to see you soon.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and spent two nights at this hotel. Don't judge a book by it's cover because while the outside is a little outdated (they are currently working on renovations), the inside is modern, clean, and comfortable! You can tell they have put a lot of time and money into completely renovating the entire hotel, and we could not have been happier with our stay. The lobby was spacious and beautifully decorated, as were the rooms.

The customer service at this hotel was perfect, every person we encountered went out of their way to help us. While they were doing renovations on the pool area/outside of hotel, we did not hear any noise and it did not disturb our stay at all.

The location of the hotel is perfect, right next to the highway and walking distance to fast food for a quick bite.

I know that the next time I'm in Charlotte, I won't look anywhere else, I'll be staying at the Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood! Don't miss out on this great value!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and ice machines if possible-- those were a bit noisy and wok...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Courtney P,

Thank you for your awesome review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and did not mind the courtyard renovation - which will be completed within the next few weeks. We look forward to seeing you again when you're visiting Charlotte from Winston Salem.

Thank you!

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood? Share your experiences!