“Very Nice, Up to Date Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #33 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Hawaii
“Very Nice, Up to Date Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

One of the nice things about Courtyard properties is that you can count on some basic features always being there -- in-room fridge, free WiFi, breakfast available. This Courtyard is especially nice.

Everything about the property feels new and up to date. The rooms are relatively spacious and comfortable, the desk is roomy and the desk chair ergonomically comfortable. Lots of accessible electrical outlets including on the light fixtures over the nightstands on either side of the bed. (My room was a King Bed room.) The room was also very quiet and I got a couple of very good nights' sleep there. And you have your choice of either free WiFi or a reasonably priced $4.95 upgraded WiFi that allows you to stream video or use it for other high bandwidth needs. I took advantage of the upgraded WiFi and it was excellent.

The staff is also exceptionally nice and solicitous. I was asked about my preferences for high vs. low floor, courtyard vs. parking lot view, etc., and was given a free (small) bottled water with a couple of pieces of candy and a coupon for $5.00 off dinner when I checked in.

The bed was very soft (which I like -- some might find it too soft) and comfortable, with the upgraded Marriott Courtyard mattress. (Courtyards used to have very thin/flimsy mattresses, and these upgraded mattresses are a welcome change.)

My only disappointment was the in-room coffee maker. I used to be able to count on Courtyard properties having a "real" (i.e., 4-cup) coffee maker in the room, which is important to me because I'm so picky about my coffee that I travel with my own coffee rather than use in-room hotel coffee. It would also be important to those who prefer to make tea or who use the water heating feature of the coffee maker for making soup or hot cereal.

This Courtyard has an unusually small single-cup coffee maker in the room with tiny "hot cups" (if I had to guess I would say the cup is 4 - 6 ounces), so even using the coffee maker to heat water for tea or for my own coffee took two rounds of water heating to make a sufficient amount.

Other than that, this is an outstanding Courtyard property and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends or to stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear WahineOnTheRoad,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate the great comments and hope that when you are in the area you will stay with us again.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

A great for a getaway of any sort, amazing staff and very peaceful. I'll frequent this establishment…already have. I like to get straight to the point but I'll keep going because of the 200 character limit. I just reached it, lol. Come to Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Jordan G,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate that you chose, and choose, to stay at the Arrowood Courtyard! We hope to see you again soon.

Ft. Benning GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We arrived on a Friday evening around 7pm (in town due to a death in the family) and the gentleman that was there was very pleasant and expediant with checking us in. After check in you will need to drive around to the side of the hotel to enter for an elevator. There is only one elevator (at least from the side we were on and could see), but there was never any real issue with having to wait.

Our room was very spacious, and the nice treat for most is a balcony to step out on (we did not have a balcony, but my mom had one for her room next door). The wall paper on the wall next to the bed is a bit "busy", very bright and floral which was an eye soar. The room does have a fridge and plenty of space to spread out and relax while we were there.

The same gentleman that checked us in was more than happy to switch my aunts room for me when she arrived so that she could be near the other family members staying there. Now, I know this may not sound like a big idea to some, but he was actually having dinner with his family and happily stepped away to assist us immediately and made us feel very welcomed during a very difficult time.

A plus would be if they offered a breakfast (they do have a dining area, but it is a little on the expensive side), but this was not a big issue either, as there are plenty of restaurants nearby, so you have plenty of options.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Mishell0729,

We would like to send our condolences on the death of your loved one. The loss of a family member can be a trying time and we are happy to know a member of our staff was able to make your family's stay a comfortable one. We hope you and your family will choose to stay with us again if you are in the Charlotte area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I must say I do frequent this hotel for work and they have yet to disappoint me. Staff are kind and courteous.

The staff do an excellent job cleaning the rooms and bathrooms.

The lobby looks great though the rooms, because the age of the hotel feel a little dated. However this is one of my favorite courtyards. The staff are wonderful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Silvia4ecu,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our staff! We appreciate you continuously choosing to stay with us. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Excellent overnight stay on the way back home from Florida. The room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. The lobby was clean and nicely appointed. The heating/cooling system was quiet, not like the typical, 'Cyclone 400', that I find in most hotel rooms. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eric M,

We appreciate your great review! Thank you for choosing Arrowood Courtyard for your stay. Hopefully when you are traveling this far south you will stay with us again.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff here was so very friendly, helpful, and efficient. The layout of the hotel is nice but depending on where you park, it can be a long walk to your room. When I stayed here the hotel did not have lotion in the room, so make sure to bring your own.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Princeofcash,

Thank you for your great rating! When you are visiting again let us know where you would like your room and we will try our best to secure a location that is not too far a distance for you, maybe something closer to the elevator if you are on a higher floor. At the moment we do not include lotion among the amenities in the room but we can have lotion ready for you, in your pre-assigned room or brought to your room after check-in, if you let us know in advance you would like it in your room. We hope to see you soon!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed at the Arrowood Courtyard for six months on business. The staff was awesome, always friendly, made sure to call me by name, and everyone was willing to go the extra mile to make my extended stay a memorable one. They made sure I had the same room, I loved the balcony aspect, the clean rooms and the great location to my office. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Darlene S,

It would be a great pleasure to see you again! We do miss you and appreciate your choosing to stay with us for the 6 months you were in Charlotte. You always have a home at the Arrowood Courtyard whenever you're in town.

Thank you!

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood? Share your experiences!