“Sleep with the lights on” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport

You added Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3101 Scott Futrell Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208 (Formerly Days Inn Charlotte Airport / Coliseum)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #124 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Richmond, VA
“Sleep with the lights on”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

This is where USAir dumped me when I missed my connection. I should have known better. Check in was quick but I guess it was because of the long line of folks. Step into the elevator and immediately smelled marijuana. This is the kind of place that attracts bugs. I slep with the light son.

I should have just jumped on the Courtyard Marriott shuttle van and paid for my own room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Naples
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

I like others who have supplied reviews before me.....was 'dumped' here last evening by US AIRWAYS, after a missed flight connection......If this happens to you.....go elsewhere, and save your sanity. The place resembles a 'flop house' in more ways than one. The 'surly' desk clerk, van driver who had trouble with English.....rooms with a leaking toilet, peeling paint......a 'wake-up call' that did not happen.....and on and on...........simply said......DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed January 2009
Mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

What kind of hotel does US Airways dump you after cancel your flight? You guess it. I never been in a hotel like this, What was the person thinking when they chose high gloss sky blue paint for the hallway walls with cool blue florescence lights. The only thing that makes this hotel better than the floor in concourse D is a TV, but concourse D has a better bathroom. Tub dripped, toilet ran, sheets were scratchy,and the towels worst. Me and 2 other guest could not get into our rooms because the card keys did not work. The only soda machine with bottled water did not work.

• Liked — Close to airport, good room size
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TravelingTulip
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

All I can say is, HORRIBLE! This place was old, smelly, and the customer service was just awful. We were looking for an economical place to stay for the night and let's just say, "you get what you paid for".

Upon arrival, we were "greeted" at the counter by someone who just did not care about customer service. Then when we entered the room, we were overcome by an awful smell in the room. We proceeded to contact the front desk of our problem and in reponse, they sent their maintenance employee. When he met us in the room, he proceeded to tell us that he did not smell anything unusual, that this was normal. Then the next morning, the breafast waiting for us was just awful.

I would advise anyone, to NEVER stay here! Pay the extra few bucks and stay somewhere else!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

We were given a hotel voucher from US AIrways because of flight cancellations. Shuttle arrived after 20 minutes and took us to the DUMP! I knew at first sight that it was nowhere I would ever pay to stay but we had to make due. We got to our room and I immediately took the blankets off to inspect the bed since the rest of the room looked gross... and to my surprise there was a huge stain that looked like blood all over the mattress. We immediately gathered our suitcases and went back down to the front desk. I asked for another room. This room was not much better but at least there was no blood on the mattress. As we finally got settled, we laid across the bed and heard a noise. It sounded as though someone was outside our door but there wasn't anyone outside.....THEY WERE WALKING THROUGH OUR DOOR! They had been assisgned our same room! They apologized and left....good thing I wasn't completely undressed!

Finally I was exhausted and fell asleep....afraid of course that someone else would come into our room. Then when I woke up...I had BUG BITES all over my legs and arm. YUCK!

The hotel was old, stinky, floor was so gross that I kept my shoes on at all times. Carpet was stained. PLenty of vending machines but ALL were out of order. NO one would even deliver pizza there!

DO NOT STAY EVEN IF IT IS FOR FREE! THIS WAS THE WORST PLACE EVER!

• Liked — LEAVING!
  • Disliked — ARRIVING!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

My wife and I live about 3 hours away from Charlotte and were in the area to do an interview. The interview that we had was on Tyvola road and we need to stay some place close. We had checked some other hotels that did not have any rooms. I saw the Days Inn and was thinking that it would be a great place to stay. Due to all the car break ins that happen in that part of town we were a little nervous to stay in a hotel that didnt have security. When we got in the hotel I asked the front desk clerk if they had security which she lied and said yes. We made the decision to stay considering the fact it was almost 2am and we have a small child. When we got in the room everything looked fine and I was going to take a shower and to my surprise there was no hot water. After about 10 minutes we finally got someone to come see what was going on. They told me we could change rooms. So we packed back all of our stuff up and moved to a room that was two beds instead of two. Working in the hotel business I knew that was a cheaper room and I was not going to be down graded. At this point it was almost 3am and I was very upset. We finally got a room with a king bed. I sat on the bed which felt like it was make by the Flintstones and tried to sleep. It was impossible. You know for $75 we should of had a good stay but it was the hotel from hell. I would never tell someone to stay there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

In Mar. 2008 my wife and I, and another couple, flew out of Charlotte for a 10 day dive trip to the Caribbean. On the other couple's recommendation, we decided to stay overnight at the Day's Inn Airport, 3101 Scott Futrell Dr., as they had stayed there before and had good experiences. When we got there our friends noticed that there was new management and staff. The management told me that I could leave my vehicle parked there while we were gone, that the hotel shuttle would deliver us to and pick us up from the airport, saving the long term parking fee. I was told a specific spot to park in, being told that it was "in front of the office where they could keep and eye on it." The overnight stay was adequate, on par with most of the hotels that are being bought out/managed by families. I felt like we had gotten a good deal, and believed the hotel when they told me that my vehicle would be ok while I was gone. I left nothing visible, and there was no outward indication that these items were in the truck. The parking space was in a direct line of sight with the office window, about 40' from the front door, and there were no other vehicles blocking the view.
When I returned at 1:15AM, 10 days later, I found that my truck had been broken into, GPS and checkbooks stolen, our friends' clothes bag had been taken, and the door lock had been damaged. Upon questioning the manager, I was told that what happens in the parking lot is not the hotel's responsibility. I demanded that the police be called, and was informed that the CMPD wouldn't come out for a car break-in, because they were so prevalent in the area. It turns out the Charlotte as a whole is one of the hottest spots in the nation for GPS theft. I left Charlotte, made the 3 hour drive home and had to make my complaint with the CMPD the next morning by phone. After looking at the crime map I discovered that car break-ins in that area were far and away the most frequently reported crime.
I have persued the matter with the hotel management, explaining my belief that they ARE responsible for what happens in the lot, especially when they told me to park in a specific place so that they could keep an eye on it. The manager agreed to talk with his boss to determine if the hotel would cover my losses and damage, which totaled about $800.00. He was supposed to call me back within ten days but 30 days later I have heard nothing. I don't expect to, either, based on the indifferent attitude that was displayed throughout by the hotel staff.
Shortly after my trip, a co-worker of my wife was going through Charlotte and had planned to stay and park at the same hotel. After hearing our story, they decided not to park at the hotel, but to use the long term parking at the airport. They later reported to us that during the night they stayed at the hotel, car alarms went off in the parking lot about 3 AM, making them glad that they didn't decide to park there during their trip.
My recommendation to you - don't park there, don't stay there, and don't expect them to be held responsible for anything.
The president of the Day's Inn knows about this incident, but says that it is up to the individually owned hotel to decide what it will do.
I know what I WON'T do - I'll never stay at a Day's Inn again, anywhere, anytime. I travel with sufficient frequency that this will be a significant amount of money going to other hotels.

• Liked — Close to the airport
  • Disliked — Getting my vehicle broken into
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport? Share your experiences!