“Won't Go Back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3101 Scott Futrell Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208 (Formerly Days Inn Charlotte Airport / Coliseum)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #133 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
“Won't Go Back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed one night, March 27, 2012...My boyfriend is a truck driver and rarely ever complains about anything, but even he said, after only being there for an hour, he won't ever go back! This location is on his list of approved properties, but he plans to let them know "it's a dump". The van picked him up from the airport, which was a plus, but when he arrived they are in the middle of a renovation or name change. Some of the material in the room had Days Inn on it and some had Baymont...he wasn't sure where he was staying. He could see where they have replaced the carpet in the hallway, but the room he was in was old and run down.
This morning when he needed a taxi to go to his job, the desk clerk told him to call his company and they would set it up...he's done this before, he simply needed a taxi. Needless to say, he located a # for a local cab and called himself.
He told me to make sure I take this property off his copy of "Approved Hotels" list, so he doesn't ever make the mistake of going back there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I usually give budget hotels a break. They are after all, budget hotels. But I cannot in this case. Holes in the wall, a phone with the buttons ripped out, burns on the furniture, unclean, a musty smell I still cannot get rid of, and the strangest looking bug I have had the misfortune of every seeing. Don't waste your time.

However, the front desk staff was nice ...

Room Tip: Don't choose is your only option.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Charlottesville, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We got stuck here by US Air when our flight was cancelled, and they did not even pay for it, just gave us a "discount Rate" of $58/night. No one should pay a penny to stay here. The "shuttle" (aka unmarked gray van) took forever to pick us up in the airport. Then we waited forever at the front desk while they tried to figure out if they had any rooms. The first room they sent us to already had people in it, who we walked in on and probably terrified at 11:30 p.m. on a Tuesday night. The second room's door would not open. We are now sitting in the gross-smelling third room writing this review. IIICCCKKK!!! Do not stay here. It smells and the room was approximately 100 degrees when we walked in. US Air are jerks.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Absolutely the worst place ever!! Sink would not drain, clothes rack hanging off wall, dresser drawer fronts hanging off, only some of the lights worked (not bulb issue), filthy, roaches crawling all over, chair so bad I would not sit on it toilet seat unattached on one side. Wanted to go back to airport when I saw the room but front desk told me they shut down the airport at night. Was a lie. Met 2 other people that US Air put there due to mechanical problems and they had the same experience as we did. We left the lights on all night due to roaches and I would not sleep in the bed and put our luggageon the bathroom vanity hoping to keep bugs out. Left at 4am to sit in the airport, was much better!!

Room Tip: go elsewhere!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I parked in this dump (through GlobalAirportParking.com) for 3 days because I flew to California to see the family. When I arrived, the stereo, speakers and the battery were stolen. The guy incharged did not know what was going on and he only said "we are not liable for any damage or stolen property", so I called the police and made a report. The police mentioned that this was not the first time that happened that week, in fact was the 11th time. The overall experience was horrible and the service (shuttle, customer service etc) was the worst I have ever experienced.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

We spent the night here complements of US Airways due their delayed flights out of Cancun which made us miss our connections. To make a long story short, we were shocked by the poor facilities and great staff. Between the 3" cockroach we saw in the hallway ceiling, the paintchips in the bathroom sink, and the overall dingy feeling of the hotel---we were surprised at the service we received from Lee. He picked us up from the airport, checked us into the hotel, brought us toiletries we requested, and then took and picked us up from a restaurant about a mile away. We could do nothing but laugh at the situation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband and I were returning from our honeymoon, and were on an overbooked flight out of Charlotte. We volunteered to give up our seats so others could make it home for Easter. Plus US Air offered us free travel vouchers for another flight within a year.
First off the shuttle never showed up to pick us up. My husband looked up the number via the internet on his phone. The guy came right away to get us. The van was in poor condition and smelled awful. When we got to the hotel I was in shock. There was bullet proof glass on the check in window and the door to the outside locked so unwanted people could not get in. However, there was only one employee so when he went to the airport to get people he just propped the door open so guest could still get in. Ok here is my point...if it is so dangerous they need bullet proof glass and a locked door after dark why leave it propped open when staff is gone!!! That makes you guest very unsafe with anyone able to enter undetected.
However, the worst part was the room. My husband and I always check out the mattress, beds, etc before we get settled. These mattresses were beyond awful. They were stained and had what appeared to be dead bug shells on them. This was easy to notice since the sheets were about half the size they should be, and did not fit at all. Not to mention the bedding. The bedding is at least 20 years old. This place is so awful Days Inn should be ashamed to own it. I was so freaked out by the room and the safety of the hotel that I called US Air insisting they move us to another hotel. It was almost midnight and there was no one to help us. My husband and I checked out at midnight and walked down the road to a Springfield Marriott. We had to pay $100 of our own money, but it was the best $100 I've ever spent. We are hoping to be reimbursed by the airline, but I'm not holding my breath. US Air should also be ashamed to put people here. Based on the other reviews we were not the only ones they have dumped in this dump. They don't use this hotel for their flight crews so why should they use it for their customers. We did them a favor by giving up our seats because THEY overbooked the flight.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Charlotte-Airport? Share your experiences!