“Funcomfortable!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Duckworths Grill & Taphouse

Duckworths Grill & Taphouse
4435 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209 (Formerly Duckworths Cheesesteakery) (Freedom Park)
Website
Neighborhood: Freedom Park
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Funcomfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Dozens of TV's, dozens of beer varieties. In fact, they've mastered the temperature in this place to keep my beer frosty until it was gone! Gave a whole point lower rating for below zero temperatures! Maybe the waitresses looked so miserable because they were freezing, too!

84% Recommend
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great beer selection and awesome food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Always a great experience with friendly service. Never had a bad meal and easy to customize for what you want. #1 pick for us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Great food, menu and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was the second time we visited Duckworth's. After the first visit, the entire family agreed that we would go back. It proved to be a good decision and served as confirmation that Duckworth's is on our top list of local establishments. The menu offers something for everyone. My son will usually go with the kid's hamburger wherever we go, but he decided this latest time to try the pizza and he loved it! My wife was happy with her salad with breaded chicken and I had the cheeseburger with fries. In both visits, the food has been excellent. More to my surprise is the quality of the service, which was excellent. The food was prepared to order in a timely manner. Both servers we have had were pleasant and accommodating. Overall experience has been great. We will definitely be return customers.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Go for the beer alone...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Duckworth's is a great place for anyone who loves beer. They have a great selection of beers which can sometimes be overwhelming. I asked the waiter for a suggestion and he was very helpful and educated on the beer list. I had a Great Lakes Christmas Ale and have been trying to find them in the store ever since! He made sure we didn't ever have an empty glass through the night and had lots of suggestions.
The menu is very extensive and I have always really liked the options I've tried. This visit, I had a bacon chicken wrap and french fries. No complaints! It's really good bar food, it's not a 5 star restaurant.
Good service, good food, great beer!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome beer selection and they know cheesesteaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Wide variety of craft beer, both local and nationwide. Very friendly and courteous staff. Coming from the Philly area I rarely order a cheesesteak because they never meet my expectations, but after getting recommendations from friends, I gave it as shot. I ordered the Large Cheesesteak with white America and onions (American 'Wit). The roll was very good, soft yet crusty and the meat and onions were cooked very well. Flavor was perfect and it made me have a new favorite place to eat a cheesesteak in Charlotte.

• Visited December 2013