“Did not impress” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Caffe Siena

Caffe Siena
230 North College Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)
704-602-2750
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Siena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 1,848 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cross street: Sixth Street
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Did not impress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The service in this restaurant has twice disappointed me. The food is good, but not great. We had to ask for bread and water. The server replied, no problem when thanked.

Visited April 2013

“Exceeds expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food. Lobster Mac and cheese, duck breast, Nutella crepes, yum! Totally exceeded my expectations! Best meal of the week!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Accommodating and tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We ate here for an anniversary dinner and we were delighted with how special the manager & waitstaff made us feel. They went out of our way to give us a quiet romantic evening and yet meet our every need. The dinners, champagne, and especially dessert were fabulous. We chose Caffe Siena because they had better vegetarian choices than most uptown restaurants and we were not disappointed. Definitely worth a visit! Safe & easy walk if you are staying in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I would avoid --- should you?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Working in a nearby office and having eaten there multiple times (both the lunch buffet and dinner), the glowing reviews of this restaurant surprise me. In my experience, I would describe the atmosphere as a typical restaurant you would find in a hotel. In fact this restaurant is adjoining to the Holiday Inn. I will go out of my way to avoid this restaurant during lunch time because the buffed has consistently been mediocre. I just dont feel it is a good value. Recently, my sentiments were reinforced by a friends book club party at the restaurant. Since I had primarily visited the restaurant for lunch, I felt that maybe the dinner options were better. Multiple of the dishes were cold and once again not a good value.

I would suggest going elsewhere in Uptown... there are no shortage of options.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“Much more than just a breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Made to order eggs, including omelettes, as well as waffles and pancakes. The price includes juice and coffee. If we lived in the area, I'd go here just for the breakfast.

Visited February 2013