“I had all but given up on finding good Chinese takeout in Charlotte...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of House of Leng

House of Leng
2712 W Mallard Creek Church Rd, Ste 430, Charlotte, NC 28262-2409
704-510-5081
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #332 of 1,976 Restaurants in Charlotte
“I had all but given up on finding good Chinese takeout in Charlotte...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

but this place is great! I could kick myself after finally trying this place out last night. I have been in Charlotte for almost a year and a half, and after trying out several take out places that ended up in my trash bin, I thought I would just have to resort to getting my Chinese fix back home.

Last night, my husband and I wanted to go out but weren't feeling the one hour trek uptown in rush hour. To our surprise, we discovered this gem less than 3 miles from our home! (Remember me saying I could kick myself?) I had the spicy General Chicken and my husband had the Scallion Chicken. Both dishes were piping hot, plentiful, and delicious!! We will definitely be back! So glad I no longer have to wait to visit home for good Chinese!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ringgold, Georgia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Got takeout. Had house special fried rice and order of chicken wings. Food was very good and service was friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sadly this is not good Chinese food...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm half Chinese, grew up in Taiwan till I was 15, parents still prepare authentic Chinese food, and House of Length does NOT come close to Chinese food. I was very disappointed, especially after trying out all of the various Chinese restaurants charlotte has to offer. The appetizer we tried was pre- frozen, the main course was heavily douced with onion as the main ingredient (even though I love onions), and the default filler vegetables of peas & diced carrots were obviously the frozen bulk variety you get on the frozen isles. Chinese people pride their cooking using fresh ingredients and homemade sauces, but House of Leng didn't come close to delivering Chinese food for an over priced sit down restaurant. Do not waste your time & money here. If you want a close authentic Chinese cuisine without the expensive price tag, try Golden Taipei or Taipei South, you won't go wrong at either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Matthews
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ordered the chicken and shrimp with broccoli and steamed white rice, my boyfriend got the chicken fried rice and chicken wings and everything was great. The chicken wings were GREAT! lol

Visited August 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good food, attentive Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were coming back from an event on the outskirts of Charlotte up by UNCC and I had my Google Navigator search for "Chinese". House of Leng was the third of the matches we went to...the first two we tried were closed. As we found the location it was at the same place as a Chinese restaurant my wife and I used to frequent 20 years ago when we lived in that area , before 90% of the current development was in place.
The menu was pretty standard for sit-down Chinese but nicely illustrated with photos of the dishes and easy to read. The staff was attentive and stopped by our table frequently ,even though there were two other large groups in the same part of the restaurant .
My eggroll was hot and crisp, my daughters won ton soup was nicely prepared and our entrees, chicken lettuce wraps, Hunan Chicken and Kon Bo chicken were all excellent..not a mish mash or pre-prepared meats and vegetables but distinctive flavors and ingredients.
House of Leng has moved to the top of our go-to Chinese list in Charlotte!

• Visited April 2012