“Wait for special occasion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Del Frisco's - Charlotte

Del Frisco's - Charlotte
4725 Piedmont Row Dr, Charlotte, NC 28210 (Barclay Downs)
(704) 552-5502
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's - Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,848 Restaurants in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Doing business, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Wait for special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have had two other great occasions at Del Frisco's, this one not so much. First we were seated at a small table for two at a very busy intersection of the restaurant. We asked to be moved, which was accomplished quickly, to another much larger and less busy table. The food was okay (by Del Frisco's standards), the "Broccoli Rob" was not great. I would recommend to the restaurant not to highlight that side dish again. Overall, it was fine, but not up to Del Frisco standards. One thing we noticed - there seemed to be more attention and prompt service to the people who were celebrating special occasions around us. Next time, we will wait for a special occasion to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lugano, Switzerland
“Excellent Steak una noisy restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Very good food. I got daily suggestion. Wine selection is excellent. Service is very good. We have been eating on second floor on a Wednesday night. It was very busy and noisy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
charlotte, nc
“Excellent food and service, but don't go if you're rushed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

One of my 2 favorite places in Charlotte. Great for romantic couples dinner as well as a family get-together. They serve the old way- everything comes out together and they don't come around and bother you while eating. No rush- they wait until EVERYONE is finished to come and clear dishes. that's just plain good manners!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cumming, Georgia
“Food was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Del Friscos is by far the best steakhouse I have been to! Between my friend and I we had the filet, ribeye, Mac & cheese, au gratin potatoes , asparagus, and mashed potatoes - all were so delicious especially the Mac & cheese which had just the slightest hint of jalapeño. Make sure you visit on Friday night when they have half priced wine! I saw other reviews that said Del Friscos was expensive and while it is by no means inexpensive I found it to be comparable to Ruth's Chris prices but the food was so much better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Best Steak I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I visited Del Frisco's with two clients. One had filet mignon, one scallops, and I a boneless rib steak. Both of the clients agreed that their dishes were superb. I found my steak to be the best I have ever had. It may sound strange to think of steak melting in one's mouth, but that was the level of taste and tenderness. The restaurant seasons the meat very nicely as well

Service was attentive and excellent by any standard. The decor is striking with two levels. We were upstairs. The bar and the crowds were downstairs, but the noise did waft its way upward.

I did think the restaurant a bit expensive, at least for this part of the country. However, it was unequivocally one of the best meals I have had for a long time.

• Visited February 2013