“Checked one off my bucket list.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
North Carolina
“Checked one off my bucket list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had been wanting to try this place since I saw it on TV years ago. It was sooo worth the wait. Restaurant was not hard to find, an easy exit and entrance to major roads. Take out only so we sat in the car on the side of the street eating chicken out of a box. The lady that waited on us was so helpful. When she found out it was our first time she made several recommendations, all were spot on. Chicken was fried to profection and stayed hot through the entire meal. Potato salad was good and hushpuppies were wonderful. I've heard the lines can get long but we were a little early for lunch so we walked right in, but they did have a steady stream of business. I'm ready to go back now.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
“Charlotte Institution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This spot has been around forever and for good reason. It is not much to look at and provides no seating, but the fried chicken is amazing and in the end that is all that matters. The lines move fast and nearly everything they serve is good. It is a Charlotte institution that any traveler must try.

Visited November 2013
Hobe Sound
“Twenty nine years later, still the best fried chicken I've ever eaten!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I first came to the Chicken Coop in 1985 and since then always dreamed how good it was. A family member recently moved to Charlotte and I came to visit. To my surprise, The Chciken Coop is still here and the chicken is better than ever! It is take out only and finger licking good, along with the sides. I have now gotten my family members living in the area addicted to the chicken!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Southern Fried Chicken in Charlotte, NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Price's is take out only and a Charlotte Landmark. It has been featured a couple of times on Food Network "Best of" shows and it deserves the recognition. The plate comes with tater-tots, slaw and a roll which are very good. The Chicken is always hot and crispy. Make sure to stop and try this when you are in town. You will we glad you did.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WOW, that is really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

There are a handful of Charlotte restaurants where your first bite elicits the reaction above. Price's is of of them and it happens every time I go there. Old school, never changes, best fried chicken. Go. You will not be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere