“Delicious!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 1,968 Restaurants in Charlotte
Tarboro, North Carolina
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food was fresh and delicious...cooked to order! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We ordered spring rolls as appetizers and they were so crisp and hot. We also had salmon with a spicy curry sauce, rice, and mixed vegetables. I ordered a cocktail and it was mixed perfectly. The next day, before heading out of town, we order the same food items from the day before to-go.

Visited July 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Halfway there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We did takeout here, but the restaurant offers an enticing menu and charming atmosphere. I tried to get a spicy lamb dish but they only had it for dinner, not lunch. I switched to bourbon chicken, and it turned out to be dry and overdone (chewy/stringy).

Some of our takeout stuff was in high-quality, snap-lid plastic containers; other stuff was in cheap, flimsy foam clamshells. A fumbled hand-off back at the house resulted in one bag falling over - and of course it was the one with the clamshells. Only a couple of pieces and some sauce fell out, but it made me wish that everyone's food was in the better containers.

Our order was also incorrect upon our arrival - a last check by the register attendant revealed this. it seemed to me they should have checked it before our arrival, perhaps even as it went in the bags. It took awhile to check - it was a large order, for 13 people. I think others liked their food, but as I said, mine was not even close to being as good as the bourbon chicken samples you get at Costco. Really. Not that Costco is a low bar, but when your restaurant food isn't even as good as frozen food, that's not a good sign.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Too Laid Back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant on a early Sunday afternoon, right after leaving church. This was not my first visis. The first thing that I noticed, was that there were not many people. My husband and I waited to be seated. We waited about five minutes or more, while the young lady finished up on the phone. (taking a carryout order I assumed). When the hotess did come over, she informed she needed to check seating. Another wait. By the time another young lady came over to assist us, the first lady returned. We were seated. We ordered from the lunch menu. I order california sushi, and crunchy sushi. A salad came with my meal. The sushi was okay. The ginger sauce on the salad was very tasty. I also ordered Kang Pao chicken. I was disappointed with this dish. The sauce was too sweet. My husband ordered house fried rice, which was not on the special menu. He and I both were suprised with the amount of food. It was not a generous portion. I was turned off by this visit, and I decided I would not visit again, After being seated the egg rolls were delivered to the table quickly. I understand that sushi takes time, that was not a problem. My problem was the amount of time it took to get the main dish. Note, I did say there were not many people, when we first came in. Now, it's possible,that they had a large volume of carry out orders, I don't know. I do know, that because of where we were seated. I could see the kitchen staff very well. I saw several persons leaving the kitchen area, and going toward the restrooms. I could see, whenever a dish was placed on the pick up counter. It took an additional 15-20 min. before we received our main course. We were clearly finished with our appetizers, and just sitting there waiting for our food.. Since, I was able to view the kitchen activity, this bothered me, because as I mentioned I was seeing the kitchen staff going and coming. It was as though they were just taking there time, as if no one was waiting for their food. No, I did not call the waitress over to demand my food. I've learned that what you see is what you get. Observation is very important. This kitchen staff needs to be aware, that when they are being laid back, people are waiting to be served, this too, contributes to the customer service, of the patron waiting for their meal..

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good Asian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

No two ways about it. Asian is my favorite cuisine and I'm picky about it. I cook it myself and when I eat out I want something that I won't normally cook at home. This place is an unassuming storefront in a large-ish mall across from a gas station. The mall is on the corner of Providence Road and Highway 485. We often get take-away from here, but there is plenty of seating.
Red Bowl is one of those places where you can get not only sushi but stir-fry, tempura, and the other usual Asian fare. Their satays are good and surprisingly, the sauce super-spicy. Stir-frys are good. My daughter really likes their sushi and we just had a party catered by Red Bowl yesterday and all the sushi disappeared. Their potstickers are good, if ordinary.
The decor is nothing to write home about but this is a good, solid choice for you and your friends and/or family. I'd say it's quite kid-friendly, and you'll find something for the kiddies to eat or try out.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Our Favorite Chinese in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Located at the address stated (they have more than one location) we have eaten there, and brought it home. It is our favorite in the area and travel about 20 minutes when we could go to one of the several in our area that aren't as good. I get the Flower Chicken and I love it, though I have had the pepper steak, sesame chicken, and broccoli chicken too. Husband switches it up and gets different beef dishes he had loved them all. The only thing we didn't care for was the crab ragoon, which we had gotten in FL and these weren't as sweet and not for us...LOVE the pot stickers! We fight over those.

• Visited July 2012