“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5501 Carnegie Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28209 (Barclay Downs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy a Spa Getaway
Ranked #9 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
New York, NY
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was refreshing to see a hotel that actually looks even BETTER than it does in the online photos! The staff was awesome. I had 2 children traveling with me and they were all so sweet to the kids. It was a great hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The pool is small and indoors, but was nice because it wasn't crowded.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
We are happy to hear how impressed you were with our hotel upon your arrival and that we surpassed your expectations! We also appreciate you recognizing our Ambassadors on the level of service they provided during your family’s stay. Thank you for recommending our property and we hope to see you again!

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great location, walking distance to the SouthPark and great upscale restaurants like Ruth's Chris, McCormick & Schmicks, etc). The hotel rooms are nice and most have a view of the lobby area. The room service was great, too. My only issue was that a new staff member reactivated my registration by accident and I had to go through a few challenges in order to have the extra charge removed, but the hotel staff was very helpful throughout the process. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for recognizing our hotel style and ideal location within SouthPark. I apologize for the mix up with your registration but appreciate your patience with our Ambassadors as they fixed everything. We hope you have the opportunity to return for another visit!
York, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked 10 rooms for a group and stayed there myself. We were given a very good rate, the staff was easy to deal with and efficient, and once on-site I was absolutely delighted with the property, facilities and most of all the service. This is a wonderfully located, perfectly managed hotel and I would recommend it to ANYONE visiting Charlotte for any reason. I actually live in the Charlotte area so may not be staying here myself again, but it was simply outstanding ... and I am quite an experienced traveler!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We appreciate your high recommendation for our hotel staff, service and amenities. It’s great to know that you and your group were able to enjoy our property and the SouthPark area during your stay. Though you may live in the area, we hope you have the opportunity to enjoy a stay-cation so we can see you again!
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although a little more expensive, the location was great as we were visiting friends in the Southpark area and the abundance of restaurants & shopping nearby is the best it can be. Our room was very comfortable and the service was superior. Every evening at the check-in desk there was a complementary beverage and a sample of nuts all served in glass containers which was a nice touch. The Club Lounge served the very best evening h'orderves on any US Marriott I have been in and hot & cold complementary beverages were always available. I give the hotel top marks all around.

Room Tip: Get a room with club lounge access as it includes breakfast, comp beverages all day, computer w/prin...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It’s great to know that you found your stay with us worth your while! The SouthPark area is ideal for discovering new restaurants that are local to our Charlotte city. We're delighted to know that we were able to provide you with the best evening h'orderves you’ve experienced. We hope you’ll find a reason to visit Charlotte again!
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed two nights here with my two daughters on a girls' road trip. We found the hotel easily in this nice part of town, and we enjoyed very pleasant hospitality during our visit. The concierge lounge was especially appreciated for treats and drinks each evening. Full breakfast, including eggs, oatmeal and bacon, was fresh and warm, and the server tending this area was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and pretty, and although there was no scenic view, we appreciated the large windows allowing us to survey the surrounding area. The downstairs lobby and courtyard are well designed with contemporary furniture, lighting and water features. Bell men and front desk personnel were courteous and quick to provide assistance. The most confusing faucet in the world confounded me in the shower/tub, and other bathroom fixtures need updating. Aside from these details, the room was comfortable and convenient for us. Would recommend and return to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
It’s wonderful to know how much you and your daughters enjoyed our hotel during your road trip. I am glad to know that everything was to your liking from our location and Concierge Lounge to our clean rooms and courteous Ambassadors. I appreciate your suggestion on bathroom fixture updates; we will use these comments to work towards further improving our property. We look forward to more opportunities of hosting you in the future!
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years. Always the same....clean, comfortable, friendly staff and the location is in lovely Southpark area.
Within walking distance to a fabulous shopping mall. Go the other direction and you can walk to great restaurants. Or stay at the hotel and enjoy the comfortable outdoor lounge area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate knowing that we are your go-to hotel choice when you visit the Charlotte area. Thank you for taking time to review our property and expose how amazing the SouthPark area is, along with our great team of Ambassadors. We look forward to your next visit!
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I typically stay at 4 or 5 stars hilton hotels, however, this was my first visit to a Marriort 4 stars hotel. Their website was impressive, but actual hotel property was below standards. I was very disappointed with the room size, cleanliness of the rooms and management response to my concerns. They wanted to relocate me to another room but I just couldn't see moving to another dirty room. I should have asked for my money back but we arrived late, had a 8 month old and wasn't familiar with the area.....lesson learned!
Also, the hotel had a very strong fragrant piping through the airvents. The smell was very strong as if they were trying to hide an odor. Room lighting was very dim, no actual restauarant sitting, it's located in the hotel lobby. Front desk staff was friendly, manager not so friendly. I don't see my family revisiting this location. I would have been better off staying a Holiday Inn. Good luck!!!

Room Tip: Don't judge according to the website with this hotel. Good luck!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Please accept my apologies for your disappointment with the cleanliness of your room as well as with the design of the hotel. I understand that you mentioned your concern with the room’s cleanliness to our staff after checking in; and they offered to clean the room again for you or move you to a different room of your choice. I have been told you declined both options and chose to stay in the original room. Due to your concern, your room rate was adjusted with what we believe is the fair amount of compensation for this situation. We are very proud of the contemporary style and open layout of our hotel; however, realize that this does not suit the needs of everyone. We are glad to have had the opportunity to serve as your host and would be delighted to welcome you back on a future visit.

Been to Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel? Share your experiences!