“Would not recommend - left us hanging high and dry” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Queen City Tours -Charlotte Daily City Tour
3125 Eastway Drive, Charlotte, NC 28205 (Sheffield Park)
704-566-0104
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 70 Activities in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: WE HAVE SUSPENDED OUR ACCEPTANCE OF GROUPONS. Hop aboard Charlotte’s Longest-Running(tm) Daily City Tour and take a 2-1/4 hour excursion that covers over 100 sites and [over] 250 years of local, State, and U.S. history. Included are the Historic District in Uptown and 2 Old South neighborhoods. Tours are scheduled year-round, Mon. - Sat. at 9:30A, 1:30P, Sun. 1:30P, and daily at 4:30P (Subject to availability). Nominal pick-up/drop-off fee at area hotels, Uptown, and South End. Reservations recommended. NEW!!! 90 minute Express tours at 10A, 2P, and 5P (Subject to availability).
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Would not recommend - left us hanging high and dry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We booked a tour for a group of five and I found great coupons on the local merchant site. I was instructed that I would receive a txt msg with directions, which did not happen (even after multiple calls); finally received an email (again after multiple calls) with the exact same info that's on the web site - not sure why they wanted to txt or email to begin with since it was the info I already had from the web. The next day, approx 1 hr before the tour I got the call that their vehicle was not usable. My guess they just didn't feel like going out since we didn't pay full price. I was told they would contact me if they would be able to do the tour at a later date.......obviously that never happened. My visitors from Germany left without ever seeing the city. Not professional, not cool. AVOID AT ALL COST

Visited December 2011

Charlotte, North Carolina
“LEFT US STRANDED - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were stranded in Uptown during the tours scheduled "25 minute restroom break". About 15 minutes into the break we (me & 5 elderly women) were called and told the tour wouldn't be finishing the tour. We were told to find our own way back to our car (that was over 5 miles away) with NO offer from the company to assist us getting to our car or finish the tour with another guide. The tour guide was VERY rude and completely didn't care he left us stranded! I should have known this was going to be an "experience" when I called the tour company to ask some questions about the tour and I was rudely told to "Follow the instructions on Groupon", even though my question had NOTHING to do with the Groupon!

Visited November 2011
QCTours2, Manager at Queen City Tours -Charlotte Daily City Tour, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
We have been successfully conducting professionally guided tours of Charlotte, NC, since 1993, and have maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for the past several years. Unfortunately, unavoidable events do occur as with all businesses. We were able to complete 1/2 of this daily tour before being advised by a certified mechanic that continuing would result in much more severe damages and no other tour vehicles were currently available. We immediately notified this guest of the situation, apologized for the unforeseen inconvenience, and offered a credit of a FULL city tour to be used sometime in the future. This guest, who had been given nearly a 50% discount ($95 off) via GROUPON, became highly irate and unreasonable, and demanded that we send a 55-Passenger motor coach to collect her and her five guests. We again apologized and explained again that no other tour vehicle was currently available and it could be hours before another one was free. The guest was then given specific instructions as to the most economical route ($1.75 each) back to their vehicle (Using the new Lynx light rail) just over a mile away. The station was just under a block away going downhill from the Ritz Carlton Hotel where they were dropped off on our scheduled mid-tour stop and right across the street from a Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Officer. This guest repeatedly rejected our apologies and a promise of a virtually FREE city tour in the future and has since been FULLY refunded out of good faith and after consuming 1/2 of Charlotte's best daily city tour for $10.50 as opposed to $90.00.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A Fun Halloween Tour with Southern Flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Our guide was a retired vet who's personality is fun and nice and adds a southern flair. He did have to refer to notes and text sometimes, but we knew he wasn't just pulling this history out of thin air. The tour was part riding in a minivan and part walking, and the van was all decorated inside with Halloween stuff and music! We visited places and heard and saw things we didn't on other tours (including other ghost tours). We even got a really old school story similar to ones you'll find in old American/Southern "Witch" folklore. The last visit of the tour has a fun "jump" moment, but I don't want to spoil the suprise. We enjoyed this tour, and would go again on one of their other tours. It's different than any tour we've been on anywhere before, and it's also fun and informative. We also got the tour to ourselves since no one else signed up for that day and time slot. Plus, the minivan only holds so many so you're guaranteed a personal tour!

Visited October 2011
QCTours2, Owner at Queen City Tours -Charlotte Daily City Tour, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Thanks again for coming out! You guys were great and we really appreciate polite and well-behaved customers. P.S. -- I have only been doing the ghost tour for a year and have not memorized all of the ghost stories yet. Give me another year! P.P.S. -- Pruitt is M.I.A.

Jay
“Horrible business!!! Rude!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I attempted to book a tour with this so called tour company using a groupon special I had purchased. When I told their representative on the phone I was using a groupon he got upset telling me to read the instructions on the groupon and hung up on me. I called back to find out how I could be so dumb and was promptly hung up on again. These clowns deserve to be out of business treating paying customers that way especially in this economy!!! Plenty of other tour companies in Charlotte too!!!

Visited October 2011
qctours, Owner at Queen City Tours -Charlotte Daily City Tour, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
This customer did not follow the "written" instructions that are clearly printed on his Groupon (50% OFF) which clearly states that Groupon (50% OFF) reservations are to be made via email. Unfortunately he will not be able to enjoy the best daily tour of Charlotte, NC.
Hertford, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
“Excellent guide and comprehensive tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We booked an afternoon tour for the day we arrived in Charlotte and were picked up on time from our hotel. We had anticipated a coach trip but we delighted to find that we were the only ones booked for that trip so had a "minivan" and driver/guide to ourselves. His knowledge and the information he gave was extensive and he could answer all our questions, however obscure.

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and definitely recommended.

Visited September 2011
Thank you for being polite and well-behaved! Once again, I enjoyed you (a.k.a. I in Georgia)!

-- Jay