“Another Great Visit with Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood

You added Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   805 West Arrowood Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Montclaire South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #69 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Another Great Visit with Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

While in Charlotte, NC to lead a 4-day engineering seminar, I visited the HIE on Arrowood Road. This Holiday Inn Express provided both my guest room and seminar facilities. My visit was just outstanding; absolutely no issues or support problems. The General Manager, Toni Sawhney, took time each day to make sure I had everything I needed to conduct by business and was comfortable as her guest. Additional hotel staff who went above and beyond: Dana, Duston, Elizabeth, Howard, Jackie, Jamil, Jimmy, Liz, Shamica and Raj. 'Best wishes for your continued success.

Former Naval Person

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The word that comes to mind here is "sufficient," as this hotel did meet the needs of our stay for two nights. BUT, there are definitely some things that could be improved for a better experience.
We were pleasantly surprised to find an ample supply of towels in the pool area, which has a pretty decor and several nice pieces of wicker furniture for lounging. A rectangular area, the pool itself is fairly simple and small with a max capacity of 26. Since there was only one other guest taking advantage of the pool during our stay, that was nothing to concern us. The kids just enjoyed having an indoor splash area for a few hours and we got to relax. There is a discrepancy in advertising, though, as the internet site description indicates that the pool is open longer. The sign on the door says 5 a.m. til 11 p.m., but then another sign inside the area states that the pool is only open from 10 a.m. til 10 p.m. Not sure which is correct, but we were out between 10 and 11 p.m.
Our room was located right next to the maintenance/riser rooms, which meant that we could hear noise throughout the night. I'm usually not too light of a sleeper, but for some reason, the hum woke me up pretty frequently. Didn't complain to the front desk or anything, but I'd definitely put in a request for a room further down the hallway next time. (*We were also concerned because the fire alarm appeared to have been yanked from the ceiling and we did not see another fire alarm in the room.)
The room itself was average. Had a nice variety of soft/firm pillows on the king bed; furniture was typical, etc. Did have a nice flat screen t.v. and leather executive chair at the desk. Liked the complimentary Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in the bathroom, too.
As for the breakfast. It appears that the key to a good breakfast is to get it early in the week. On Monday morning, our breakfast seemed much more fresh. On Tuesday morning, the sausage was burnt, the biscuits were hard, and the gravy had an under-the-lamps, re-heated taste and texture. Also, the pancake machine was broke down both days. Otherwise, we liked the variety of options: Yoplait and Chobani Greek yogurts, sausage, eggs, four types of juice, sweet rolls, biscuits, gravy, English muffins, blueberry muffins, bagels, bananas, apples...Not bad, but not of "excellent" quality, either.
One thing that concerned me was the parking. We were not able to see our vehicle from our hotel room. If I'm not familiar with an area, I like to park where I can see my vehicle. Usually I like to park in the back, but there are only 5-6 spots behind the building, and they are near the pool. There is a large field where there could be parking, but it is all grass.
Really liked the big comfy couch and chairs and modern blue/brown color scheme of the lobby area. I normally wouldn't take much note of a lobby, but we had to spend a substantial amount of time there while waiting for someone, so I thought I'd point out that it was a pleasant aspect.
No major problems, but did get some helpful assistance from the front desk when needed, too.

Room Tip: Request room not near maintenance storage/riser rooms--further down the hall, the better.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Today, 3 bananas all rotten, and no fresh ones, no apples and the apples from.last night were rotten. Rooms need redecorating, posing b peeling away, fitness room equipment filthy, as no wipes, to clean sweat. this hotel is going down hill, but they had money to spend repairing the the ground front of the building. Employees helpful and pleasant, but it appears to me management don't really care about their guests and do what they have to do to get by

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear steve b,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your experience at breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see your kind comments for the staff being helpful. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Never opens on time, bananas, either missing out old, selection overall poor, go next door hyatt, breakfast is excellent and room.cost the same. I had scrambled eggs today it was, awful, I think they make out from powder, wasn't hot barely warm. Condiments were not out, bread not out Staff are nice and helpful, rooms need upgrading old. Overall stay average.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear steve b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the breakfast you had. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

It took over 3o minutes to check into the Holiday Inn Arrowood. I was patient. Things happen, I told the girl. I showed the clerk my confirmation number and my priority member card. The desk clerk was new and she couldn't get my credit cards to go through but finally did. I ended up calling the Priority Club number and had the agent tell the desk clerk how to check me in. The next evening I returned from my meetings and my room door wouldn't open. I ask the front desk what why. The hotel had locked me out of my room. They said I had not paid for my stay and they weren't authorized to let me get my things. I showed the desk clerk my bank account on my ipad that I had been charded $410 for my 4 day upcoming stay and $136 for the previous night. No manager was on duty. I got so upset and just wanted my things and get out of there. Three employees stood outside my room with the door cracked as they watched me pack my stuff and then they escorted me downstairs. I was so emotional and felt like a criminal. Kind of like a dream. I checked into a Hilton. 1 hour later the manager Randy called and said he finally found my confirmation number and that I had paid for my stay. He apologized for how I was treated but when I asked for the address of the Hotel owners, he refused. Randy said it was the hotel policy not to share that information. No more Holiday Inn for me!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Tamara C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
shreveport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am staying at the hotel that my company chose. Reasonable price. Room was spacious and tidy. Two large beds and nice desk and couch and tv. Bed was good as far as linens go but was hard for my taste. Though many prefer a harder mattress. There were enough pillows and extra blanket in the closet. In the bathroom there were the necessities and was pleasantly surprised to find they were a product of Bath and Body Works. I normally don't use the travel items supplied by hotels, but you better believe I am enjoying these! They smell great.

I've only had two small hiccups while here. Firstly I couldn't get into my room. And secondly, when I called room service to order off of the room service menu, I had to speak with a very abrupt, and rude employee (business is unknown). I know they are not located within the hotel. She had ZERO customer service skills. Simply said "uh.. we dont got that" . I had to question further, is this the INN ROOM SERVICE? And what do you have and questions such as that. In the end I did not order and took my business elsewhere. I didn't feel like paying 6 bucks for 5 cheese sticks anyway.

Otherwise this is a beautiful hotel. Every employee from beginning to end has been professional, courteous, and helpful. There is obviously many traveling business clients staying here, and it's safe to see why. Would recommend any company use this hotel for their travel accommodation.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had stayed at Holiday Inn express hotels over the last few months and this was the worst. Employees were not friendly. Breakfast was poor. Decent room, shower curtain smelled of mildew. Good location to Carowinds but would never stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear DrP24,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize for the service you received and the breakfast selections we offer fell below your expectations. We also apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you had. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Arrowood? Share your experiences!