“I love this Arena” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charlotte Bobcats Arena

Charlotte Bobcats Arena
333 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)
1-704-688-9000
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
“I love this Arena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love this Arena because I always end up with great seats. I don't think anyone goes to the Bobcats Arena to watch them play, we always go to see the other teams. Great bars, great food, entertainment is great, and the DJ is cool too.

Visited January 2013

Burlington, NC
41 attraction reviews
“Superb arena... Charlotte needs a better NBA team though”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

On 12/29/12 I got to visit the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats home, the Time Warner Cable Arena in uptown Charlotte. The arena still has a new feel to it (built in 2005) - and flows people in and out pretty well - due to ample stairs, escalators, & elevators. The seating area is larger than I had expected, it tops 20K.

The lower arena is large, and the upper arena seating is steep (degree-wise) but the sight lines are good. The concessions seemed a little high to me - but there were some good food choices, and there were plenty of concession vendors. Likewise, the official team "store" was right at the entrance and was filled with a lot of variety in souvenirs - plus there were several other gift shops scattered around.

I thought the padded seats were extremely comfortable, but my favorite thing was the wall of history that covered the escalator side wall. It was full of interesting artifacts, photos, jerseys, and signs that covered things like the old ABA Carolina Cougars, the NBA Charlotte Hornets, and they even had Bobcat owner Michael Jordan's old Carolina Tarheel jersey #23 hanging up. Very cool display.

All in all, I really enjoyed the visit. Parking was easy to find - and the exit traffic was not bad at all. The NBA game I attended was fun - and the management lined up some great entertainment for the end of the quarters & halftime. The only negative that I really have is the Bobcat team just isn't very good. They need to open up the checkbook and pay some big-time talent to come on board. Charlotte is a great city with a fine arena - they deserve a better product than they have right now. Hopefully MJ will deliver on that end too.

Visited December 2012
Statesville, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Basketball Fans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went to the arena to dance and stayed for the game. I loved it. I thought that JumboTron was just an amazing experience. I was shown on it while dancing and sitting in the audience. They really made you feel like you were apart of the game. They were really interactive with the audience. Anyone who likes sport would enjoy it or just someone who wants the experience.

Visited January 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
276 attraction reviews
“Good place to watch a basketball game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Time Warner Cable Arena, home of the Charlotte Bobcats, offers a good venue to watch a basketball game. While my seat was at half court, it was almost all the way to the top. However there seemed to be no areas that offered a bad view regardless how close you are to the floor. As long as you don't mind climbing stairs, I wouldn't overpay for a close seat.

There are food stands throughout the arena, offering various different items. If you want good beer, you will need to find a stall with it. Otherwise there are the regular cheap American beers at every stall. All of the items are extremely overpriced, which sadly is the standard nowadays.

The Time Warner Cable Arena is a good venue in which to watch a game. Just don't expect the Bobcats to win.

Visited December 2012
Trondheim, Norway
4 attraction reviews
“Fun for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went to see my first ever professional basketball game. We got seats way up high in the arena, which I wouldn't recommend for people with a fear of heights! Great atmosphere, fun to watch, a lot to chose from souvenir-wise and also decent (american) food.

Visited January 2012