“Great Show...Average Arena” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Charlotte Bobcats Arena

Charlotte Bobcats Arena
333 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)
1-704-688-9000
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great Show...Average Arena”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Most of the employees at the Time Warner Arena were awesome! But one lady, obviously having a bad day (with a bad attitude), left a lot to be desired. For smokers, it is important to be able to get to the smoking area. In the PC world in which we live today, smoking areas are few and far between. The area at this arena holds about 25 people, which we packed to triple that number. This employee had a fit (and fell in it) because the doors to the area were "opening too often!" She even attempted to block the door, keeping it closed, so no one could get in or out!! Of course, this didn't last for long. The arena needs another plan or other people working this area.

Visited October 2012

Charlotte
15 attraction reviews
“Charlotte Bobcats and MORE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The Arena always has great events! The b-ball games are fun and a great way to get out n charlotte, be careful of the ppl that sale tickets in the front sometimes they have fake tickets!

Staten Island
4 attraction reviews
“Nice Arena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a very nice arena. I had court side seats however, from the design of the arena all of the seats you can see well from. I really liked this arena

Visited November 2011
New Orleans
“Time Warner Cable Arena: D+”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've never been to Charlotte. I was excited to see what downtown was like. I expect a big arena, which is funded by a billion dollar name, to deliver. I was disappointed.

To begin, we waited in the rain to enter the building. It had been raining, on and off, for days, in an area which frequently gets a lot of rain. How was this overlooked? We've already paid for our tickets, and the collectors were moving as quickly as they could, would a canopy or an alternate entrance been difficult to facilitate?

We saw Roger Waters' "The Wall" and the show was great! We spent a good deal of money on our seats, and for a show that is all about visuals, ours were mediocre at best due to our position in the arena. We were against a wall at the top level, skewed left of center from the stage.

For most of the show, the middle of the stage was blocked from our view by stage/lighting equipment :(

I'm a non-smoker. When I see signs that state that a facility is non-smoking, I'm happy, so I was confused as to why I walked into a smoky haze in the lobby during intermission. My clothes smelled like I had been in a smoking bar when I got back to the hotel.

During intermission, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a drink and go to the bathroom in the time allotted, because of the ridiculously long lines EVERYWHERE. Was TWC Arena understaffed, or just poorly designed? I don't know. But the arena would do well to resolve this issue. I'm not happy about waiting in a 30 minute line every time I want a $9 drink.

The other reason I failed to use the intermission as needed was because I couldn't find a bathroom! I mean, I'm an educated woman, and this was difficult. When I asked an attendant, he shrugged. (What's the purpose of this guy standing here, employed by the arena, if he doesn't know where the nearest restroom is and he's CERTAINLY not enforcing the "no smoking" policy???)

Had the concert itself not been wonderful and quite important to my husband, the night would've been a total wash.

Time Warner Cable Arena, y'all have some improvements to make.

Visited July 2012
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
“jeff Dunham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Went and saw Jeff Dunham on New Year's Eve. Not only was the show great but the security and staff did a great job!