“When you think of Marriott you think of....... High class five stars!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark

You added Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark to your Saves list
Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 Piedmont Row Drive South, Charlotte, NC 28210 (Barclay Downs)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #60 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Houston, Texas
“When you think of Marriott you think of....... High class five stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I don't why I always have great luck with Residence Inn's but I love them to death. I love Marriott ' s full service as well but they don't have microwaves and it's real hard to play PS3 on their TVs because they want you to buy the movies.
However Residence Inn I feel right at home. The front desk clerks are super friendly. Always good when you have been driving for hours on the way to there hotel. Rooms are clean. My room had a fireplace that didn't need logs that was pretty Cool. I loved it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! And yes - our two bedroom suites do have gas fireplaces which is a nice added bonus!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Killingworth, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed for a night, could do a longer stay at this hotel. Very friendly staff. Good location, walking distance from southpark area (although recommend a car). Room was nice and clean. The bedroom - you could actually make pitch black! I got a great night's sleep : )
Breakfast was good for being free - nice selection of hot/ cold and waffles. Looking at the pantry items you know they listen to what the customers request. Between the room quality, location and the food within walking distance added that the staff friendliness - good stay. (no shuttle service but since it is extended stay/ family targeted - do not blame them - people have cars). Room Service is offered via Ruth Chris but you could walk there by the time you pick up the phone to order.

Room Tip: end rooms (01-04) are quiet...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dcusa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wonderful fine. Did not expect what we received. The Staff was friendly and engaging. Sue at the front desk was SO Pleasant.... Tony the Concierge was very helpful and full of advice as to where to eat and what was near by.....Jeff the bartender was a great guy.

The room was relaxing...the beds were quite inviting and we had a refreshing sleep..... It was a nice stay.

You will be pleased if you stay here

Room Tip: Eat at Paco's Taco's right outside the hotel..... Great Mexican Food and good service.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I don't understand why there were negative comments about breakfast. I was quite happy with it. Waffles with toppings, yogurts, oatmeal, some hot food, bagels. What else do you need? We got a decent price for a busy weeknight through Priceline. It was very convenient for the area we were interested in staying in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I do have to agree - we do have a great breakfast!! Especially the waffles - you can make your own and add toppings like carmel syrup, blueberries, whipped cream - just to name a few. Glad you enjoyed your stay - and hope to see you agian.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is really geared toward weekly business travelers as all the rooms have just one king bed so do not come here if need two beds unless one is willing to sleep on the sleeper sofa.

Rooms are nice as kitchen is what you expect though unlike doubletree kitchens had a two burner stovetop. Did not like the half couches as only one side have an armrest. Breakfast are above average as nice selection of items including well cooked eggs, waffle maker and some sort of breakfast meat. Did not see a gym though pool was indoors which is nice even in the south where it can get too cold for an outside pool. Service was good as free internet for everyone not just Marriott elite members.

Things against it are No bar or separate restaurant nor much common areas either inside hotel or around. If doing a wedding the doubletree has a large tent in their courtyard set up for that.

Overall for business travelers who want an affordable place to settle down for a week this is a good option but stay elsewhere if bringing the kids or if want to hold a business conference.

Room Tip: I stayed on both a high floor and one of the low floors and noticed no difference. I actually like...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

First of all, the staff was really nice. I had just got to my room and had enough time to inspect the bed, sheets, bathroom, and exhaled, then the phone rings. It was Ashley from the the front desk, checking to make sure the room was comfortable and up to par. I've been traveling for years and I must say I have been very blessed to have stayed in quite a few of 4 star hotels, but I have never received a phone call to check to make sure everything was ok. It so nice we ordered room service from Ruth Chris, which was very nice. FYI, they automactically charge it to your room, unless you have cash, and they do not carry change. Everything you would need was there, they even have ice cream(for a late night snack)! It was so nice we ended up staying for another night!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your generous comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will choose us again when visiting the area. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a comfortable hotel with a good bed and a clean room. Having a kitchenette is helpful for the take-out and the usual wine/snack we have.

But we found the breakfast just sufficient. I could eat the eggs, potatoes, etc but they did not seem overly appealing. The waffle iron came out the second morning, and when it worked (one died before my eyes), it did a really good job. But the coffee was utterly dreadful. My wife and I went to the nearest Panera! - That was about a three minute walk and worth it.

We found the room temp too hot and had to constantly change. The air was very dry. Can't fault the hotel too much because Charlotte had a nasty cold snap. Careful with the dishwasher; it has seen better days, but will eventually finish.

The staff are very friendly, and very helpful. I had a complaint about security and it was taken care of very quickly.

Overall, we felt that it was a nice stay: very simple and comfortable.

Room Tip: You can check in and move bags to room by parking in front. But take the parking lot up the street t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ricltsp, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate you feedback. I'm sorry that you did not like our breakfast. We always try to provide a good, quality breakfast. I'm glad that you did enjoy the room and the staff as well. We always welcome feedback and share it with our staff. It helps us in making our property better.

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark? Share your experiences!