“Really Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark to your Saves list
Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 Piedmont Row Drive South, Charlotte, NC 28210 (Barclay Downs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #58 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

First of all, the staff was really nice. I had just got to my room and had enough time to inspect the bed, sheets, bathroom, and exhaled, then the phone rings. It was Ashley from the the front desk, checking to make sure the room was comfortable and up to par. I've been traveling for years and I must say I have been very blessed to have stayed in quite a few of 4 star hotels, but I have never received a phone call to check to make sure everything was ok. It so nice we ordered room service from Ruth Chris, which was very nice. FYI, they automactically charge it to your room, unless you have cash, and they do not carry change. Everything you would need was there, they even have ice cream(for a late night snack)! It was so nice we ended up staying for another night!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your generous comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will choose us again when visiting the area. Again, thank you for your feedback.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a comfortable hotel with a good bed and a clean room. Having a kitchenette is helpful for the take-out and the usual wine/snack we have.

But we found the breakfast just sufficient. I could eat the eggs, potatoes, etc but they did not seem overly appealing. The waffle iron came out the second morning, and when it worked (one died before my eyes), it did a really good job. But the coffee was utterly dreadful. My wife and I went to the nearest Panera! - That was about a three minute walk and worth it.

We found the room temp too hot and had to constantly change. The air was very dry. Can't fault the hotel too much because Charlotte had a nasty cold snap. Careful with the dishwasher; it has seen better days, but will eventually finish.

The staff are very friendly, and very helpful. I had a complaint about security and it was taken care of very quickly.

Overall, we felt that it was a nice stay: very simple and comfortable.

Room Tip: You can check in and move bags to room by parking in front. But take the parking lot up the street t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ricltsp, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate you feedback. I'm sorry that you did not like our breakfast. We always try to provide a good, quality breakfast. I'm glad that you did enjoy the room and the staff as well. We always welcome feedback and share it with our staff. It helps us in making our property better.
North Canton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The staff make your stay so accommodating with breakfast and managers reception in the evening. We had a room near the side of the fire pit that was more social in the evenings than we liked but they were able to move is to a quieter spot. Almost walking distance to South Park mall and boutique cafés and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your review with our staff. We are all delighted that you had a great time and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a comfortable hotel with a good bed - not too hard, not too soft. The kitchenette is where the value is at for me - because I can buy my own food and make my own breakfast, lunch and dinner if need be. Being gluten free and dairy sensitive, I found the breakfast didn't have much for me. I could eat the eggs, potatoes and sausage, but none of those were cooked especially nice that I would make a trip downstairs for it. I thought the coffee tasted bad, and that might be cause the water in the hotel tasted bad. I would walk over to Panera bread instead and get my coffee there. That was about a three minute walk and I really appreciated that it was there as an option - that added value to my stay as well.
The staff are very friendly, down to earth people. There are no overbearing marketeers at the front desk quizzing you on your stay while bearing the pearly whites. They are helpful and to the point, but never dripping in posed kindness. I liked them all.
There are all these signs in the lobby showing that the hotel has a 95% sanitation rate which is good, but the reason they score so high, I think is because they use styrofoam plates and paper cups for their breakfast rather than real plates and cups. Not scoring high points with me in this arena. I like to eat off of real plates and I like to know that every meal is not contributing to the worlds landfill. I know this means more staff on their part, but personally I think styrofoam is not a pleasant feeling. And not having gluten free options is getting a little out dated at this point - gluten free is becoming quite normal now so it seems like they should have an option of gluten free bread. And more fruit, please.
Overall, there is good value in this hotel. It's a very simple, comfortable homemade feel with a styrofoam sidekick.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ricltsp, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Nnella, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Charlotte. We are very glad to hear our staff was friendly and down to earth. We strive to make you as welcome as possible here at our hotel and don’t like to be overbearing. I am sorry to hear about your experience with breakfast. We are currently in the process of stopping use on our styrofoam plates. We agree that you enjoy food much better off a real plate. Unfortunately on busier days we can get caught with a styrofoam plate out. We are trying to get this resolved quicker. We would love to have you back at our hotel so you can enjoy the food off our real plates. Thank you again, Alan Kincaid, Front Desk Manager.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel looks up to date. Staff was very nice. My room was clean and looked good. The bed mattress did feel a little uncomfortable and the sofa bed mattress looked very old. Breakfast was included and was good. I did detect a natural gas smell (mercaptan) coming out of the hallway vents on the 5th floor. I reported this incident by phone and in person to the front desk person. I am not sure if the problem was fixed. I would recommend this nice hotel to anyone but I hope they change the mattresses and fix the gas leak.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ricltsp, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We strive to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible. We appreciate you letting us know about the gas smell on the 5th floor. We did have our Engineers investigate this and are happy to report there was no leak! We will also do thorough inspection on our pullout sofa mattress to ensure all will be in top shape for the next guest. We look forward to having you stay at our hotel again!
Villages, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

A good location, friendly staff. Rooms are neat and clean. The breakfast is decent but agree with another reviewer, the floor was very sticky. They offer a manager's reception and other evening events, complimentary newspapers, free wi-fi and parking. We would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times over the years, but was always in a 2 bedroom unit. This time I had a one bedroom and the experience was totally different. First, we stay there mainly because they allow dogs. But, they put folks on the upper floors (6 and 7) with dogs, which is beyond me when they know those are the guests who will need to go in and out several times a day with their animals. The next issue was that the bed was a queen. I can't remember the last time I booked a single room with a single bed and it was anything smaller than a king. But, once you get in the bedroom you realize there is barely enough room for the queen much less a king. Seriously, there was not enough room anywhere around the bedroom where I could set my suitcase down, open it, and still be able to walk past it. The luggage carts are VERY difficult to maneuver. We were so disappointed we cancelled our 4 night reservation before going to bed the first night and checked out the next morning to stay at the Double Tree. The good: front desk folks are nice, convenient to Southpark area, nice outside lounge area where you can also eat the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, we are very happy to hear you chose to come back to our hotel. We are pleased to hear about the friendly staff and convenience factor. Unfortunately when people travel with pets they may prefer higher floors. We try to keep people with animals on lower floors; however, some guests still prefer the high level regardless. We want to make sure everyone is comfortable when they stay with us. As you mentioned with our one bedroom suite the bedroom area can be a bit tight with the division of the living room to bedroom. As an alternative we have king suites of the same price and set-up to accommodate those travelling who prefer a more open room feel. I will make sure to speak to my Front Desk staff to make them more aware to offer a different room in lieu of an early check-out. We do hope you come stay at our hotel again (in a big king suite next time!). Thank you for your input, and we look forward to seeing you again. Alan Kincaid, Front Desk Manager.

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark? Share your experiences!