“Best Place to Stay & Kitcheneez Conference” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Bedford, Kentucky
“Best Place to Stay & Kitcheneez Conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in the Clarion Side of the Hotel..As we first walked in we were greeted by William the manager with a great smile and welcome. He was very polite and answered all our questions. We were on the 4th floor and my room was very close to the elevator which worked out perfect for me. In entering the room it was all new. From Ceiling down to the floor. I have to admit that I would have loved to take the bed with me. The mattress was so comfortable. I had enough pillows to be comfortable all around. My room had 2 QUEEN beds which was great also. One for me and one for my room mate, a refrig, coffee maker & microwave.
My only down fall was that I wished the bathroom was a little bigger. But it was very very clean , which is a plus when you travel. We had enough towels for an army which was great also ! I love the colors of the room, it was warm and inviting. The staff all around was so helpful, smiling and just all around excellent ! Yes, I would stay there again for sure !

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the Clarion on the 4th floor. They are updated and new. Walls were sound and wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
William W, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear onceinawhile165,

I want to say thank you for your generous words. It is our honor to provide service to anyone, but it is guest like you that make our labor seem effortless. Your comments has rewarded us with the comfort in knowing we did our job. Your comment will be shared with our team and staff and we hope that if you are ever passing through or visiting Charlotte again, that you will make the Clarion Hotel your temporary residence.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dawson Springs, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a Kitcheneez Conference at the Convention Center. The staff and facilities were wonderful. I would stay here again. Everyone was helpful and provided excellent service. The beds in my room had 4 new pillows and the bed had a great mattress.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Ann H,

I want to thank you for your kind words. Here at the Clarion Hotel we strive on providing EXCELLENT customer service and meeting our guest expectations. Your comment has been very helpful and we will share your words with the management team and staff. Again I want to say thank you for staying with us and we would be so delighted to have you come again
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just hosted my family reunion using the Clarion Hotel and Conference center attatched to the Ramada this past weekend (8/9-8/11). I would first like to state how pleased I was with the hotel rooms and the staff was exceptional in meeting all of my needs as well as my families that traveled from all over to be in attendance. The hotel management went above and beyond to rectify confusion that had been previously put in place. I would stay at this hotel everytime I go to Charlotte and will recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: They also provide refrigerator's and microwaves if requested.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
William W, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear NervannahC,

I want to say Thank You so much for your feedback and providing us with the opportunity to host your Family Reunion. We feel so privileged to be apart of that great event and we hope that we were able to meet all of your expectations. I've shared all of your feedback with the Management team and staff so that it will better help us serve others. Thank you so much for the opportunity again and we look forward to doing business with you in the future
chapin, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Not a place I’d return to. As mentioned by fellow poster, strip club and shady neighborhood/folks loitering in adjacent parking lot. Was given room with entire a/c for hotel blocking most of view and elevator next door. Did not appear to haver large occupancy rate and yes, I could have asked for another room, but tried when checking in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
William W, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear ronsaxton,

I want to say thank you for your feedback. Here at the Clarion Hotel & Airport Conference Center we take all feedback seriously while utilizing it to make the necessary improvements. On behalf of the Management Team and Clarion staff I would like to apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. We are dedicated to creating memorable service and unfortunately fell short. Your concerns have been heard and though we don't have control over everything noted, we most definitely appreciate your concerns and feedback!

Thank you again!!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Booked here because it had just been renovated and looked nice and was close to my meeting the next day. The rooms were nice but the bath was a little small. This is a strange property because it is a Ramada as well and both share an indoor conference center. I stayed on a Sunday and the bar was not open and they did not have restaurant. The closest businesses were a strip club, massage parlor and a worn out sport bar so eating requires a car. Just felt a little uneasy at this place next time I will probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
William W, Manager at Clarion Hotel Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear rwsdsc1,

Thank you for choosing The Clarion Hotel & Conference Center and taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for your compliment regarding the accommodations. We apologize for any inconveniences experienced during visit. We are sorry that we fell short of your expectations We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our management team. Our staff at The Clarion Hotel is dedicated to providing our guests with wonderful stay experiences, and your feedback will help us in our continuous efforts to improve the guest experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Recently remodeled rooms, restaurants close, Gwen and William at front desk very accommodating. Breakfast very good. Breakfast was not continental but the inexpensive rooms made up for it. Amenities were in good working condition

• Stayed July 2013
Dear tineeltiste

Thank you for staying with us at The Clarion Hotel & Conference Center and for sharing a moment to share with us and the world about your positive experience. We are gracious and delighted that you had a wonderful stay and we value your compliments regarding our staff, breakfast and accomodations. At The Clarion Hotel, our team is dedicated creating and providing our guests with wonderful and memorable stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
The Clarion Hotel Management
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I missed my connecting flight due to bad weather and was stuck in Charlotte overnight. As many other passengers were in the same situation, a number of hotels were filling up and we chose this hotel due to availability, there was a free shuttle to the airport, and it was fairly inexpensive.

The problems began when we requested a shuttle pickup. We were told 15 minutes but waited 20-25 minutes. When it finally arrived, the driver said that he first needed to take some airline staff to the hotel and would make another trip to pick up more people. So we had wasted all this time for nothing and would have had to waste who knows how much more time to get the next one. We ended up taking a taxi with another couple who were waiting (and there were many more ppl besides this waiting for the next one). Waiting for a taxi took another 15 minutes due to the shortage of taxis and large number of people.

The hotel itself looks likes it was recently built or renovated. The lobby is beautiful and elegant. We checked in fairly quickly and got to our room. Unfortunately there was a large puddle in the hallway which was not visible due to the carpeting, and which I stepped in. I am not sure what liquid it was.

The room, bathroom, and shower were all nice, and the air conditioner worked well (was on the loud side, but okay). Since I was stuck in Charlotte without my checked baggage, I obtained a disposable toothbrush but the staff did not have any floss. They also did not have contact lens solution.

My friend and I went to get dinner as they apparently don't have room service. All the restaurants within walking distance were closed except for an IHOP, so we had to go there (we finally arrived around 2300).

The beds were comfortable and I slept fine. There was no wastebin in the bathroom.

Keep in mind that if you want to take a shuttle back to the airport you need to reserve it in advance, which leaves every half-hour. I requested one but it left about 15 minutes late. What was really inexcusable was that a nice couple from Alabama had requested the previous shuttle which DID NOT ARRIVE, and so were waiting about 45 minutes. I am not sure if they made it to the airport in time for their flight (it was nice meeting you, if you are reading this let me know if you made your flight and if you visit the Boston area). There was only 1 person driving the shuttle and the hotel staff would not take their other shuttle despite pleas by hotel guests; they said that no one else knew how to drive the van except for the one driver.

So the stay ended up being just acceptable. The staff was courteous. Next time I would likely stay in a better hotel due to the problems mentioned above.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear mar32

Thank you for choosing The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center and taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for your compliments regarding the accommodations. We apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay. We are sorry that we fell short of your expectations and the high standards of service and quality that we strive to maintain on a daily basis. We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our management team. Here at The Clarion Hotel, we dedicated to providing a awesome guests stay experiences and creating an atomosphere that makes you feel as comfortable as you would in your home. Your feedback will help us in our continuous efforts to improve the guest experience.

The Clarion Management Team

Been to Clarion Hotel Airport & Conference Center? Share your experiences!