“Great Food Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #490 of 1,940 restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Great Food Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our two young girls thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. The food was authentic and delicious. First time trying Pho, will definitely have again. Wait staff very friendly and attentive and the price was right for a family meal out.

Visited November 2013

71% Recommend
sc
“Nice Service, Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

On the plus side it was a nice environment with soft but not too dark lighting. Quick and pleasant service and nice choice of both Vietnamese and Thai dishes. However iPhone some of the meat gristly and tofu on the soft side. In summary, okay but not one I'd rush back to again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Food ok, but business practices questionable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Food was ok, with a lot of selection of different kinds of dishes. Location is convenient. However, when the bill came, I noticed that tax charged was too high. I questioned the charge, and the staff commented that many customers have complained about the overcharge but that it was indeed correct. Considering the bill was manually created, with no system, it appears that the restaurant has been consistently overcharging sales tax on all orders (charging 8.25% when rate has been 7.25% since 2011...2+ years!). To confirm my suspicions, I called the NC Dept. of Revenue, and it was confirmed that the sales tax rate was indeed 7.25% and not the 8.25% that I was charged. It seems like a small 1% charge, but my point is that every single customer is being overcharged on every bill, and the money adds up. Where the 1% is going, I don't know, but it doesn't sound like good business practice to me. I won't be going back. If you go there, be sure to check your bill!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte
“I Almost Forgot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I ate here regularly when I moved into the area (March 2013). Was too caught up to think about review. But this is a wonderful place for some great Pad Thai noodles. I've had both chicken and shrimp. Both tasty, though I liked the chicken. Waitress forgot to ask them to take the shells off. She was pleasant in her apology and I just did it myself. That trip was for dinner and is quite the healthy portion, as was lunch several times.

They also introduced me to ginger tea, when has become a favorite that I even buy at the Asian market (though it doesn't taste the same at home) (smile).

On my way there now to get takeout, but atmosphere is totally great for sitting down for an impressive date.

BURP

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very tasty South Asian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I go to Viet Thai Noodle House for weekend lunch. They serve very authentic South Asian food. Last weekend we ordered deep fried spring rolls, Tom yam soup and crispy deep fried noodles with meat and vegetables. Everything is very high quality and tasty. Especially Tom Yam soup has very complex aroma. It has natural acetic taste and delicious. We could not stop drinking. Restaurant atmosphere is casual, but comfortable for guests. You should try one of the best South Asian food in the town.

• Visited June 2013