“Menus” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
CharBar no. 7
6300 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226-8274 (Formerly Hickory Tavern)
(704) 540-4722
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Ohio
“Menus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The menus were so annoyingly big we had to share one. Not sure who's idea that was. They are problem a foot tall and a foot wide. ANNOYING!! Food is overpriced too....although, pretty good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“I really should come here more often”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Friendly staff. Food was served fast and it was very good. I have visited Hickory Tavern a few times and have always received excellent service and good food. I really should come here more often.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Haven, MI
“I would try it again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Fast and friendly service, and each of my companions' meals were fine. Mine, not so much! I ordered the tilapia sandwich, which came with fries. The fries were good. And my sandwich was good...till I got into the center, which was cold and uncooked. I brought it to my waiter's attention and it was immediately whisked away. The replacement sandwich filet (a whole new own) was even bigger.Which was a good thing because it was also not properly cooked but the properly cooked outer half was perfect on the bun! I was satisfied, but the manager, Derrick Smith, would not have any of it! When he realized that I needed to modify my sandwich a little (honest, it was so big I really did not need all of it!) he refused to let me pay for it. I applaud him, and the restaurant, for that, and I definitely would go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“best tavern grill ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

the burgers are the best and the music all mixing together it was great and i loved the staff ands the cooks they all try to help as much as possible

Visited August 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
“Burger and beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice atmosphere and staff. A little pricey on the burger, which was excellent, and a great selection of beer. Nice location in uptown.

Visited July 2012