“Delicious Food, Beautiful Presentation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakefront Restaurant

Lakefront Restaurant
8629 J.M. Keynes Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262-8425 (University City North)
704-916-2831
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 1,939 restaurants in Charlotte
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: University City North
New England
“Delicious Food, Beautiful Presentation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had a quick lunch at Lakefront Restaurant & loved it. The view is lovely & dining area clean. We ordered sandwiches & a salad, which came looking like they could be on the cover of a magazine. Yum! When we had to leave unexpectedly, the waiter quickly retrieved a carry-out box for us. (I was not going to leave that salad, haha!)

Visited October 2012

88% Recommend
Prince George's County, Maryland
“Beyond the view, it's pretty average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't say this is the best steak house. It's okay.

Dinner
Arrived just before a huge rehearsal dinner party. Only a couple of tables occupied. No wait but only two servers. The recommendation for the filet was not good but the sauté mushrooms helped...a lot. The au jus was bland. The filet was over cooked but we were too hungry to send it back. We were offered a discount. The appetizers we ordered consisted of the spinach and goat cheese salad (delish) and the Carolina Hushpuppies (delish too). In theory it seems like a lot and it is with a strong and spicy creole sauce but it is good and worth a try. You get three but I could only eat one and a half because the taste is powerful. A side of sweet potatoe fries would be perfect to balance the taste with something mildly sweet.

Our waiter got busy with the rehearsal party and I never got or was offered a refill on my water. Overall, I wouldn't get the filet if I came here for dinner again.

Breakfast
I was very pleased with the breakfast buffet. It was a $10 cost per person. I obtained 2 passes with my hotel upgrade. It was something I would have paid for. Made to order omlettes, waffles, grits with gravy, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, eggs and assorted yogurt, cereal and delicious fresh fruit.

Seating on a weekend was horrible. We opted to sit in the lounge area at the bar. A bit uncomfortable but less crowded and less hot and better scenery/decor.

The hotel restuarant focuses more on the food than decor. In comparison to the beautiful hotel, the restaurant is super bland in style.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Breakfast Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had the breakfast buffet twice during out weekend stay. Omelets made to order, loads of fresh fruit, yogurt and so much more! Both days our server was very attentive.

Visited November 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great service, pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We ate here recently with a larger group and we were very impressed with the service and experience. We were staying at the hotel and wanted to avoid having to drive in traffic to another location so we decided to stay at the hotel, and we were pleasantly suprised. The waitstaff, chefs and manager all made a point of coming to the table and ensuring we were happy with the food and provide a level of service you typically don't find in many nicer restaurants. The food was good, I had the strip steak, while I asked for rare, it was really medium rare, but with a good flavor and nice sauce. Everyone raved about the desserts and appetizers and the other entrees were a hit too.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsford, New York
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Fine food and attentive service for breakfast and dinner. Well managed, with diverse variety of choices. Recommended.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Lakefront Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lakefront Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.