“Almost five” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dolce Ristorante

Dolce Ristorante
1710 Kenilworth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28203 (Dilworth)
704-332-7525
Neighborhood: Dilworth
York, South Carolina
“Almost five”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a must if you like italian food. Its a can't miss. Service was great. I would have rated it higher except for the managers unwillingness to make the customer happy. They had gnocchi for resteraunt week we ordered 4 apps and before looking at the menu. Once we ordered dinner one of the guys wanted the gnocchi and just use one of the apps for the resteraunt week special. We were told because he didnt order it all to gather he couldn't do that and they wouldn't let him order the gnocchi seperate. Last time I checked you should try to mAke the customer happy especially during resteraunt week when you want people to try you out and come back.

“Changed my SIGNED receipt, Really ???!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Me and my friend went on Tuesday 6/24 sat inside next to the entrance. We were glad we made reservation and skipped the 40 mins wait. We sat down and waited about 40-50 mins when our food were ready. That's ok, I understand it's a small restaurant and a lot people and Tuesday night special....... The food was OK, and it feels like a decent restaurant.

Our check was $66.63, we had a coupon worth $50, so the rest of the bill was $16.63. The waiter brought our check, I thought my friend's coupon took care of everything then asked him for a pen. He was impatient the whole time, and told me in a really mean way:"you didn't give me your card yet!". Well, my bad for not knowing the situation. I was mad, and wrote $9 (14%) instead of a normal 15% or above tips. So the total was 25.63. Guess what, I happened to check my account today, it lists $30.63. Forgive me if there are other explanations such as I time traveled to the restaurant and changed my "SIGNED" receipt, otherwise, I really think somebody changed my receipt.

If you are not happy with 14%, go think about how to please your customers and make them happy; if you can't stand my question due to lack of information, you probably need to learn how to communicate with other people; If you need to change my SIGNED receipt, you better be careful.

My credit card company gave me $10 back which all I really need is $5, so I'm not here because I lost money, but to tell everyone to be careful of your SIGNED receipt, and don't sit on the patio or next to the entrance, because this is the area where this waiter hanging out.

I'll make sure I post this post everywhere, not for the $5, just hope nobody else goes through same experience. Of course, I'll guarantee none of my friends will go there.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I went to Dolce this past weekend since I had purchased a Living Social coupon. We were thrilled with the food. We shared the mushroom appetizer that was so delicious. It was huge mushroom caps filled with ricotta cheese, spinach, and Italian sausage. I could have made a meal out of those. We then shared a salad that was amazingly fresh greens with candied nuts, pears, cheese, and a light but tasty dressing. For our entries, I ordered the salmon that came with risotto and a mixed blend of veggies. The sauce on the salmon was the best I have ever had. It was a white wine sauce with a hint of lemon. Yummy! My husband had the rigatoni with scallops which was a spicy dish that he really liked. Our waiter Justin was very attentive and helped us select a wonderful wine from the menu. We will definitely return for another delicious meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Everything we had was flavorful and great. Service was good as well. We tried the stuffed mushrooms as appetizer, sorrento and milanese for our entres. I had 1 glass of wine and he had 2 glasses beer,...all for $70. I purchased the LivingSocial deal ($25 for $50 worth of food and drinks). So we roughly paid $45 + tip and saved $25. Had it not been for that deal, I may not have tried this place. Other reviews had me wondering but glad I checked the place out 4 myself.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've alway heard such good things about this restaurant, but I did not find that it lived up to the hype especially for the price of the meal. Like a similar reviewer, we had reservations and were about to be seated in a doorway on top of another couple. We asked if we could sit at a different table (and the place had many open tables that night) and the hostess seemed very annoyed by this request, though the other table was already set so it wasn't any extra work. The Funghi appetizer was delicious, but the rest of the meal was just okay. I had the Fruttie di Mare. The scallops in it were under cooked and the shrimp in it wee over cooked. The sauce was alright, but I've had better. Overall, I just did not think this meal was worth the money and there are much better Italian restaurants in Charlotte.

• Visited March 2014