“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dolce Ristorante

Dolce Ristorante
1710 Kenilworth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28203 (Dilworth)
704-332-7525
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Charlotte
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. We had linguini and the sauce was delicious. We had stuffed flounder, and it was delicious. Quiet restaurant, excellent wait staff.

• Visited February 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am no longer a resident of Charlotte but if I were this would be a regular stop for me. My wife and I were in town visiting my family for the holidays. My mother had mentioned going here before but it had never worked out. The restaurant is located at the intersection of Kenilworth and East Blvd. Anyway, we finally made it and boy was it delicious. We had a 1 PM reservation so it wasn't very crowded when we arrived. Parking is somewhat of a problem as there are a number of businesses in this one area. Our waiter's name was Jeff and he was very attentive. We didn't order any drinks just our meal. My wife and mom ordered the shrimp scampi and split a Caesar salad and I ordered the Bolognese pasta with the Mista salad. When ordering Jeff told us the sides of the day were green beans and polenta. My wife and mom opted to get a pasta side (a $3 surcharge) as well. The salads were brought out and were were quite nice, not too small or too large. The Caesar is large enough for 2 people to split if all they want is a small salad before a meal. The Mista is a nice before meal salad as well. The dressing were nice without being overly heavy. We were also brought house bread. The bread was okay but I felt like it was the weakest part of the meal, nothing special. Interestingly enough we were served butter instead of oil and herbs. A little later we were served our entrees. My Bolognese was outstanding, quite hearty with a what I believe to have been a pork and veal combo with tomatoes and cheese. Rich and delicious served over spaghetti. The shrimp scampi was actually butterflied shrimp stuffed with garlic, parsley and other herbs. The pasta was drizzled with scampi sauce. One thing that was odd is that they charge you a $3 surcharge for the pasta and they don't bring you the side vegetables. We asked for them and they did bring them to us. I personally believe that if you want pasta in lieu of the side vegetables there should not be an additional charge. I mean how much does a cup of pasta cost? Luckily we did ask for the side vegetables because they were delicious. We had a nice leisurely lunch and enjoyed it immensely. I will most certainly return!

• Visited November 2012
Charlotte
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Been going there for years because the food & service has been good. Had an experience there recently is a head scratcher. The service was not as attentive as usual but that's no big deal. When the bill came for our table of six, an 18% gratuity was arleady built in (and it was based on the meal + the tax). Perhaps i'm asleep at the wheel, but i've never seen that before and when i quizzed the server, he appeared to laugh at me with incredulity. I insisted that he remove the tip and that i would pay him what his service was worth (which i overtipped at 18% anyway to prove a point) yet he still shorted me $10 which i had find him to get back. Not sure if it was purposeful but i will refrain from going there for a while.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Disapponted in Dolce....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went on a recommendation., Food was simple, dry and the waitstaff are basically young college age kids. At one point my water was empty and they were all talking near the cash register. The "Italian Food" was served with mashed potatoes. I ordered the POLLO..was pretty dry and looked like a burrito. I wouldn't recommend and don't plan on returning.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, reserve a table!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Reserved a table for 6:30. Place was PACKED at 8! After tonight I know why... The food is excellent, friendly service and good prices. The restaurant was a little hard to find, it behind a building next to Harris Teeter. The owner has done a good job creating an Italian feeling inside. The Restaurant also have a patio. If you are into Italian food, I would recommend that you give this place a chance!