“Great lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #711 of 1,974 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Pizza
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I ate there with friends after church Sunday. I had a Greek sub. Others had a variety of salads, subs and pizza. All very good. We will be back.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice people - needs updating...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Went in search for pizza. I am used to having amazing pizza at hole-in-the-wall establishments. However, this place was severly dated and was dark and felt like you were in a time warp to the 70s or 80s. The pizza was mediocre at best, a large pizza and two drinks for 18 bux is a bit steep for such a lackluster pizza. I am better off eating at Dominos really.

To-go cups are 29 cents. A dozen buffalo wings are 10 bucks. The server was nice, but somehow I was expecting Gordon Ramsay or Robert Irvine to pop out and say we were on a show. Next time ill stick with elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good Subs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went for lunch. I have been by this restaurant for many years and never stopped in, but my sister-in-law suggested going. The outside of the building looks a little dated, but the subs where great! All the people in our group had the same opinion. The waitress was very friendly but it took a little wait to get our food since we had a large group. Would go again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had the chance to eat at House of Pizza last week, to celebrate a friends birthday. There were 5 of us...I ordered the small Pep/Cheese Pizza...it was really good (I moved here from Ohio a couple years ago..still looking for that mom and pa pizza joint...House of Pizza was good, but I still haven't found one to call "my favorite pizza place in Charlotte". Others in our group ordered a couple pizza, and they loved them, and a couple people in our group had the Philly Cheese Sub...they both really liked them.

I would go back to House of Pizza...and would recommend others to go and try them!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington
“Grilled Marinated Chicken Strip Sub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The first time I ever tasted their Chicken Sub it was catered at a construction meeting around the year 2000. I was hooked. The chicken breast strips were marinated to perfection. It was a giant sub with chips and a pickle. Nowhere does any other restaurant make anything this delicious. I also enjoy their pizza. My favorite is the house special pizza. These are Greek style pizzas. I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times. The restaurant's decor is completely outdated. The staff acts as though they are bothered to bring the food to the table. Don't miss this sub.

• Visited July 2013