“Meal while at the hotel next door” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jocks and Jills Sports Grill
4109 Southstream Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Eagle Lake)
704-423-0001
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Eagle Lake
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Meal while at the hotel next door”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stopped in one night for a quick meal and some beers with colleagues. The place is big. I'm not a huge fan of places with mirrors all over, but the place was pretty clean.

The bartender was great and give me and a friend suggestions on local brews (I like ales, she likes stouts). He got us both something we liked.

Sat at the bar for dinner, which came out quickly. Typical northerners, we got BBQ which was good - better than Pennsylvania but not the best I've had in NC. The pulled pork portion was generous as were the ribs. I'd like to try a few more things if I went back.

All in all, a good meal in a convenient spot. Didn't expect much, and was surprised by the quality of the meal and happy with the price.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“This place is just not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I know back in their hay day when the coliseum was across the street this was the place to be but now days its just sad and the food is just sub-par. all frozen bland fried foods. bad management . dirty and old decor. The entire place is depressing from the servers who obviously have better things to do than work to the cooks who have been so painted into a box they can't even salt something with the GM yelling.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Needed substanance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was hungry and waiting for my room to be ready at Doubletree. Not sure to expect so I thought I would try the Baby-back Ribs! What a surprise!!! Tender, tasty with nice char! Needless to say, I sucked the bones dry. Stop in and enjoy!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had been recommended to this place from workers from the Hyatt Place. We came in there was a podium for a host(ess) and there was no one insight. We didn't know if it was a seat yourself situation. We went to the bar. We sat for awhile watching people walk around us without anyone talking to us. Then the bartender was the first to acknowledge us. He was constantly going from washing glasses, cleaning, helping customers, and just going. I even wondered if he was the manager because it is what I would expect from a manager. To keep going and doing what ever needed to be done. But when we asked for recommendations he wasn't really able to give any suggestions. I never been to a bar or really ever had any mixed drinks much less do I know what they are called. There wasn't a drink list at all. He did get more informative when I asked for a martini and again I have never really drank mixes and wasn't sure the differences between different martinis. But all in all it was nice to go out with my husband.

Visited June 2014
Budapest, Hungary
“I loved the food here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Their kitchen is open until the end of the year. I'm not familiar with this. We tried it once and loved it, so we went twice. This is American cuisine with a southern flavor to it.

Visited May 2014