“Excellent Chinese Food and Ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chilean, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West H artford CT
“Excellent Chinese Food and Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This restaurant is like going back in time when dining at a Chinese Restaurant was a great experience. It's dining in a very special fancy Chinese restaurant where it feels like a special occasion. There are all sorts of interesting dishes to try. I love everything on the menu. If I didn't live so far away I'd come here more often. It's great for a special occasion or a family party.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boulder, Colorado
“Best Chinese Food in Ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were visiting Charlotte for a graduation and 9 of us had a marvelous experience on Monday,May 13th. My brother made the reservations and frankly, we did not know what to expect. Hubby and I taught in Guilin,China for 6 months and i had a cook. We do NOT eat Chinese food out in our hometown of Boulder.

We ordered 9 dishes and the definite stars were: Beef Chow Fun......Eggplant in Garlic Sauce.....and a Beef/Shrimp dish. The other dishes were mouthwatering too. We hardly took home leftovers.

We stuffed ourselves silly and left IMPRESSED. The portions were generous and the service excellent.

Go on out and treat yourselves!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Excellent Asian Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I took my wife and daughter to Wan Fu in Pineville/Charlotte for Mother's Day last Sunday. It had been many years since we had eaten at this "upscale" Chinese restaurant, but our pleasant memories of the ambience and food quality weren't spoiled. Very nice decor. Good service. Excellent Chinese dishes, including a nice selection of seafood dishes (my wife had an excellent shrimp dish and my daughter ordered scallops). I'm not a big seafood lover (at least not in Asian food) and ordered a spicy Sa Cha chicken dish that was really good (nice white meat chicken that was lightly battered and fried crispy). Most dinners ranged from around $10 to $15. If you like Chinese food and are looking for a more "upscale" dining experience, I'd recommend Wan Fu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Huge menu selection & family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The menu selection is HUGE... sharing of entrees among table guests is encouraged so everyone gets to sample a variety of menu offerings if dining in a group. I found 4 of 5 entrees to be quite good (& one was ok, just not my taste).

However, Wan Fu does not offer EGG ROLLS nor EGG DROP SOUP. I have had spring rolls several places, but I found Wan Fu's spring rolls to be a bit "mushy" on the palate and "egg-roll" like in size compared to thinner longer spring rolls served at other places I've been.

The restaurant is a good place to celebrate a birthday... free dessert with candles and song. Seems to be a place enjoyed by children (& families). A good sign when Asians dine at a Chinese restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Super busy on the weekend so call ahead. The food is really fresh and the service is spot on. Many families, couples and large parties are at this place. We liked how fresh the food tasted and the huge assortment of menu items. Definitely added to our going out restaurant rotation.