“Very enjoyable meal!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carpe Diem Restaurant

Carpe Diem Restaurant
1535 Elizabeth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28204-2501 (Elizabeth)
(704) 377-7976
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpe Diem Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,974 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Travis Avenue
Transit: There is a bus stop located 200 yards from the restaurant.
North Carolina
“Very enjoyable meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I ate here on a Friday night prior to a show at the Visualite theater nearby. Although it was 6:30 or so on a Friday night it wasn't busy at all and we were seated immediately. The service was excellent and on point. We had the calamari as an app and it was good although not at the top of the list for us. For the entree I had the pork medallions with a mix of potatoes and pan fried okra. My meal was excellent with plenty of flavor. My plate was one of the specials that night so I'm glad I gave it a try.

My wife had the fried chicken dish with mashed potatoes and spinach. She wasn't a huge fan of the spinach but did like both the potatoes and fried chicken. However, with that said, she still preferred my dish to hers!

For dessert we had a pumpkin bread pudding that was very tasty.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and glad we gave it a try!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Elegant and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is our splurge restaurant, but even so it is possible to eat lightly and eat more cheaply. We have never had anything to eat here that wasn't truly excellent.

Visited October 2012
“Great atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Had the tuna stuffed with crab special tonight, It was excellent. I would recommend this place, nice atmosphere, good menu and knowledgable staff!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very, very good. Good service, great wine, fabulous food. I love this place and it is one of the places I recommend to friends who are looking for a restaurant in town.

Visited January 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great from Start to Finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is one of my favoirte places in Charlotte. The decor and architecture are great, the staff is very welcoming and always top notch and the food is great-- and very reasonably priced. I always feel welcome upon entering and normally try to go early to have a drink a the bar because it's one of the best bars. Huge cross section of customers, very eclectic. I've had just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed, except that whatever I get, I always regret not getting the Country Fried Chicken. Once, the special sounded so good I had to get it and the waitress suggested we get the chicken to go for leftovers. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but we did! This is not the fanciest place in Charlotte, but it's great food in a upscale but casual atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012