“Worth the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
201 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Fourth Ward)
(704) 348-1400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,848 Restaurants in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the heart of the Uptown Financial District just blocks from the Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte Convention Center, and Time Warner Cable Arena.
“Worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Went with another couple. The service was impeccable from start to finish. 2 of us had the sirloin and 2 had the filet. All cleaned our plates. Family style creed spinach and mashed potatoes also very good. Do not miss the creme brûlée. A great meal

Matthews, North Carolina, United States
“Restaurant week winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went to capital grille for restaurant week. I have to say our server, Jim was one of the best waiters I have ever had. he was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. He took care of our party as if we were the ONLY people in the place. What a huge difference that makes. My steak was beautifully cooked and the salad was fresh. I had a rhubarb/elderflower collins at the horseshoe bar in Dubin a few weeks ago and the bartender @ the CG made me one similar (but with out the rhubarb bitters because they didnt have any) & it was delicious!. Our party was so relaxed and well taken care of , I dont think we wanted to go home. It was a pleasure eating here.. truly.

STANLEY
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wonderful staff! Steak that cannot be beat! What can I say but Go!
Have always wanted to make the drive to this restaurant. Charlotte has restaurant week so anyone can go to multiple restaurants to try. This was my first time to Capital Grille and I will be returning for every special meal.

“Best steaks and salmon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Beautiful facility great location. Admittedly a chain but the best in Charlotte. Busy at lunch and dinner. Favorite of downtown business crowd

Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Everything you want it to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is probably one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in Charlotte. To be honest, I've simply not gone to the Capital Grille in Charlotte because I've figured it's a chain and I can go to one anytime. The funny thing is, I've never gone to any of the locations in other cities for that same reason.

I've missed out.

This was exactly all I wanted it to be. Everything about the experience was first class, without being stuffy. The service was formal, but again, without being a turn-off.

Obviously, a lot of customers are on an expense account. But this is one restaurant where you do not mind spending your own money because you are receiving value-- in the atmosphere, service and yes, of course the food.