“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
stone mountain ga.
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I were on an over night stop in Charlotte and chose Villa Antonio for dinner based on Trip advisor reviews. Maybe this was just an "off" night for Villa Antonio. We had made a reservation and were asked when we arrived if we wanted to be seated or go to the bar. We asked to be seated and were promptly seated …in the bar! The server was attentive although a bit hard to understand. We ordered wine and the Portobello Mushroom appetizer, which was pretty tasteless. We shared a grilled Caesar salad which was quite good. Sadly, during the time that we were trying to enjoy our wine and appetizer, the bartender, who was serving the table next to us , was banging dishes so loudly we thought we might be in The Waffle House! He continue to make all kinds of racket to the point that when he brought the entrees to their table, he lifted the two serving domes that covered the food, slammed them together like cymbals to announce the arrival of their food. I can't say I have ever seen or heard this done in any " fine dining" restaurant….please!! I ordered Crab Cakes as my entree, which were served barely warm and rather mushy, not very good, my husband had the Penne al Fonzo which he said was was fair, also not served warm enough. We had to request bread be brought to the table. Wait staff continued to noisily go back and forth by our table , speaking in rather loud voices, the entire time we were in the restaurant, not appropriate for a fine dining restaurant at all. I don't know that we will brave this place again!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Dinner was wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My friends and I visited Villa Antonio while on a business trip. The food, from appetizer to dessert, was delicious and the staff was very attentive. I will definitely return when in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Finest Restaurant in Charlotte area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Having visited Charlotte many times in the past years, I make it a priority to eat here at least once each trip. This is a cracking restaurant with great staff, attentive enough that you feel like your the only guest, but allowing to enjoy the food.
I wholly recommend the Lobster Ravioli, one of the finest dishes on the menu, and my personal fav.
If you can - hold out for deserts, there is a large variety, and well worth it - although you may need an extra 30 mins in the gym the following day.

consistently excellent all round.

• Visited April 2014
“Lunch Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have always heard great things about the food and experience of eating at VA. However, I have never eaten here due to the $$$$. When I heard they had a lunch buffet for $9.95 I had to try it. They offered 8 hot buffet options (pasta, chicken, seafood, beef and vegetarian), soup and a large salad bar. The SOD was potato and it was one of the best I had ever had. The buffet was well maintained and stocked regularly. We enjoyed our meal. The staff was very attentive and friendly.
The only thing that would have made my meal more enjoyable would have been eggplant parm on the buffet.
I will return to see what else they have to offer.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Classic Italian Romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I took my wife here for our anniversary some years ago and was not disappointed. Food was excellent, and they serenade you with a violin.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Villa Antonio? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Villa Antonio, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.