“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Liberty

The Liberty
1812 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203 (Dilworth)
(704) 342-1088
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Liberty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #396 of 1,976 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Cross street: East Blvd
Transit: The East/West Blvd station for the Lynx light rail line is in our parking lot.
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Six of us went there for dinner last night (Saturday) with a 7PM reservation. We were seated as we got there which was nice. Everyone had there first round of drinks and some of the food before I got my first drink... a beer. Then the food came out very uneven and my mussels finally coming out when everyone else was done. Must not have been my night. One in the party wanted desert but was afraid it might take all night. They comped me my food but it is still not worth going back with so many good restaurants in Charlotte.......

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“They KNOW good taste....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had heard about The Liberty having the best burgers in Charlotte, so I eventually made my way over there.... and am kicking myself for not getting over there sooner.... Everything I ordered was absolutely DELICIOUS, they have the first homeade pork rinds I have ever had, and the rest of the apps are incredible... truffle fries, and pretzels... so good. I had a burger, and then ordered their chicken sandwitch next time I went and they were both perfect.

I am not much on drinking beer, even though they are known as a gastropub, beer wasn't shoved down our throats. It was a great place with an attendant waitstaff, and the whole experience was a pleasure.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Heeeellllooo Southern Crunch - Burgerlicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Impressed by tasty craft beer selections - Grap Founders and Kzoo Bells made the list which pleased me. But, the Southern Crunch Burger and drizzled truffle fries may prove to earn a special trip back to Charlotte, NC. I'm still dreaming about that first crunchy bite. And some smooth hefeweizen about 2nd in on the right of the bar to wash it all down. Perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Try if yourself if not for just a pretzel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We tried the liberty based on TA, even though some of the reviews said poor service and so-so food. I really went because the picture used on the site was that doggone pretzel. It looked great.

I can tell you..they are money!!!!

We got their just before 5 on a Saturday. Beware they only serve the dinner menu after 5. The lunch menu was very limited to appetizers and sandwiches. So we hung out and got the dinner menu.

We had the pretzel tower. They were crazy good.

I had fish n chips which were not the typical frozen planks. My wife had a pub burger. My son had the hanger steak. All were very good with fries and a few differnt sides.The dinner menu is very nice.

Our server was great. She was on top of everything. When I visit Charlotte again, i would give it another shot and try some more good food.

Don't forget the pretzels...did I mention I would slap my momma for one.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Burgers with some sacrifice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lunch on the patio. Prepare for wobbly uneven tables. Burgers are delicious. Great flavor, but messy to eat (almost like Seinfeld's George Constanza at the tennis matches eating ice cream). Grilled chicken sandwich also very tasty; bring a bib. Our server, although pleasant, was an absentee much of the time. Also wait for drinks then food was excessive.

If you're OK with the downside, there's a tasty burger waiting for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Food