“Heeeellllooo Southern Crunch - Burgerlicious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Liberty

The Liberty
1812 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203 (Dilworth)
(704) 342-1088
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Liberty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 1,940 restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Cross street: East Blvd
Transit: The East/West Blvd station for the Lynx light rail line is in our parking lot.
Chicago, Illinois
“Heeeellllooo Southern Crunch - Burgerlicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Impressed by tasty craft beer selections - Grap Founders and Kzoo Bells made the list which pleased me. But, the Southern Crunch Burger and drizzled truffle fries may prove to earn a special trip back to Charlotte, NC. I'm still dreaming about that first crunchy bite. And some smooth hefeweizen about 2nd in on the right of the bar to wash it all down. Perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
“Try if yourself if not for just a pretzel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We tried the liberty based on TA, even though some of the reviews said poor service and so-so food. I really went because the picture used on the site was that doggone pretzel. It looked great.

I can tell you..they are money!!!!

We got their just before 5 on a Saturday. Beware they only serve the dinner menu after 5. The lunch menu was very limited to appetizers and sandwiches. So we hung out and got the dinner menu.

We had the pretzel tower. They were crazy good.

I had fish n chips which were not the typical frozen planks. My wife had a pub burger. My son had the hanger steak. All were very good with fries and a few differnt sides.The dinner menu is very nice.

Our server was great. She was on top of everything. When I visit Charlotte again, i would give it another shot and try some more good food.

Don't forget the pretzels...did I mention I would slap my momma for one.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Burgers with some sacrifice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lunch on the patio. Prepare for wobbly uneven tables. Burgers are delicious. Great flavor, but messy to eat (almost like Seinfeld's George Constanza at the tennis matches eating ice cream). Grilled chicken sandwich also very tasty; bring a bib. Our server, although pleasant, was an absentee much of the time. Also wait for drinks then food was excessive.

If you're OK with the downside, there's a tasty burger waiting for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been to The Liberty before, but not for Sunday brunch. The chef makes a new menu each week, which is really nice. It was around 11am when we arrived, so there was not much of a crowd. By the time we left it was filling up a lot more. Our server was great, and she was very helpful in answering questions about the menu. I started with a Caesar salad, which was delicious. It was very cold, and the dressing was light. The homemade croutons were also nice. For my main course I had the omelette, which had prosciutto, goat cheese, spinach, and roasted tomatoes, served with crispy potatoes. This omelette was phenomenal! The combination was excellent, and I could eat those roasted tomatoes all day. The potatoes were also really good, they had a nice flavor and were very crispy which I like. I will definitely return to The Liberty, their food has proven to be outstanding time and time again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Good atmosphere, so-so food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went last week with my wife and two kids to meet another couple with their son. The food was OK, but didn't meet my expectation based on the prices. For the kids, the selection is very limited. The shock came when we got the bill. For our table of 7, they automatically added in a 20% tip!! 20% for seven people, three of which were kids! That's ridiculous! This will be my last visit to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012