“This is a great place to stay in Charlotte, NC” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“This is a great place to stay in Charlotte, NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Marriott properties and this Ct Yard is right at the top. The rooms are excellent and the employees went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The Bistro area has excellent food and is very spacious. Comfortable bar area and nice booths with TV's. The location is 15 minutes from airport and 15 minutes from South park area where the best shopping and restaurants are located. Also close to Downtown. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to be in Charlotte, NC area.

Room Tip: The way hotel is laid out the 2nd floor is most convenient to lobby, etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit to the Courtyard By Marriott Charlotte Billy Graham. We are happy to have you as a guest. Our hotel offers complimentary shuttle service from the airport and within a couple mile radius of the hotel. We will work hard to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte.

Randy Rushakoff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I thought the room was very decent for the price. The staff was extremely friendly, and the hotel was very clean. The batroom was nice as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit. We appreciate the opportunity to be your hotel of choice when visitng Charlotte.

Leland, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night & were very pleased with everything except the traffic in the area - but the hotel can't do anything about that. The A/C was quiet so we were not disturbed all night with it cycling on & off. As a matter of fact, the bed was at the opposite side of the room from the A/C - living area was between the A/C & the bed - so we didn't have the cold air blowing directly on us either! The staff was very gracious - from the man cleaning the carpets to the folks at the front desk - & greeted us with a smile everytime we met them. We were a little worried when we got caught up in all the traffic upon arrival that the traffic noise would find it's way to our room, but we were pleasantly surprised by no traffic noise! Can't figure out how they do it, but we loved it. If it wasn't for the traffic situation there, we'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to arrive & leave when it isn't "rush hour". Traffic around the hotel is incr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback of your experience at Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. We will work hard to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte. It is true that traffic can be difficult at rush our for our location. We do have two complimentary shuttle vehicles. It is our pleasure to pick you up at the airport or drive you to a restaurant in the local area. Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business.

Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We used this hotel as a convenient location to the airport. We spent the night prior to flying to Jamaica. We got an excellent rate and were able to park the car at the hotel during our vacation. The hotel offers a shuttle service to/from the airport. We opted to get a taxi, for time’s sake, when we returned but have no doubts that the return trip would’ve been just as easy as the departure trip. Note on the taxi, they charge you $2/person over two people…kinda of surprising since I’m used to NYC taxis where you just pay for the taxi, not how many people are in it. If you want to save money and aren’t worried about time, wait for the shuttle (taxi was ~$25 from the airport). The next time we have to fly out of Charlotte early in the morning we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback of your visit to the Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business while in Charlotte. We are located at the corner of Billy Graham Parkway and I-77. We are within 5 miles of the Charlotte Douglas Airport and the Uptown Area. Our goal is to provide high quality accomodations and service near all the attractions with a reasonable price. We look forward to having you in town whether for a Panthers Football Game or visit to the Billy Graham Library,
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was alright, but definitely not worth what you paid to stay here. I traveled to Charlotte for a national convention. It was fairly close to the Charlotte Convention Center which was convenient with many different parking options. Upon arrival, I was placed on the first floor room 101. It is very noisy in this room because it is the first room on the end which is right next to the elevator and an entrance door from outside.

For paying over $100 a night I expected a mini-fridge and microwave. Neither of these were in the room. I requested a king bed and am almost positive that the bed in this room is a queen. The TV is nice with high definition and the desk area is great too. What I don't understand, in this SMALL room, is why there are 3 telephones? 2 in the room itself and 1 in the bathroom? It seems as though this may be a handicapped room because of the extra space in the bathroom and the low tub walls, but still. One phone is more than enough.

Once I was finally able to lay down my first night here, there was a small stain of blood on one of the pillowcases. I threw the pillow on the floor for the remainder of my stay. Don't expect to get any extra rest if you plan on sleeping in, The housekeepers are extremely loud. I have my do not disturb sign on my door and this morning one of the housekeepers was knocking on the door saying "room service" wanting to clean the room. What is the point in having these signs if the staff disregard them? I never went to the door and thank god I had the latch pulled over because she definitely tried to come in.

Overall, this place isn't bad. They have an on-site restaurant with their little convenience store in the lobby. They have a lot of seating areas and electrical outlets also in the lobby area. I guess I was raised a little old school and you usually get what you pay for. Paying over $100 a night for a room you would expect more than this. I am a loyal Courtyard customer and this one was the worst yet.

Room Tip: Don't get room 101. End room by entrance door and by elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit. I value your comments and will work hard to improve the product and service. About 80% of our guest rooms come equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. Unfortunately due to space limitations the particular room you stayed in did not come equipped.

I will be certain to share your comments with our team We would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Marriott Courtyard Brand. Please contact me directly if you are back in the area as I would like to personally handle your accommodations.

Sincerely

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel, even though I have stayed at another Marriott in the Charlotte area. The staff was great, always said hello in passing, treated me with respect (everyone called me "sir"), and went out of their way to say hello. I literally felt like royalty. I didn't have a refrigerator in my room (I don't know why, I thought that was a standard in all hotel rooms), but less than 30 minutes after alerting hotel staff, there was a refrigerator in my room. The hotel is very modern. The bistro is bigger then other Marriott's, plenty of room to sit and enjoy good food. I ordered breakfast and the food was there less than 5 minutes after I sat down. The service was amazing. I honestly do not know what this hotel could do better (other than equip all rooms with refrigerators). Everything was great: the staff, hotel cleanliness, rooms. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to the Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Jackson, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Pros - standard courtyard experience. Room was clean and check in was quick. Plenty of parking and hotel was easy to get to.

Cons - a unique and frankly bizarre situation involved the adjoining door to the next guest room. It had an unusually tall gap at the base of the door. This allowed light and sounds to easily come through and providing little privacy. I was woken up as the other guests arrived late and chatted about their day.

• Stayed March 2013
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit. We will utilize your feedback to explore options at reducing the light and sound on our connecting doors. While it is a benefit for some guests to have connecting doors it can be a negative expereince for some. We appreciate the opportunity to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte. Please contact me directly if I can personally handle your accomodations. I would like the opportunity to upgrade you to a suite or a room without a connnecting door.

Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham

Been to Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway? Share your experiences!