“Pretty darn good for a new joint” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Queen City Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 1,976 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th and the Light Rail
Transit: Located on the last stop of the Light Rail.
Description: Located in the 7th Street station building. We are at the last stop of the Light rail, entrance on 6th st. We validate parking in our building and are about 100 yards from Time Warner Arena.
Darien, Connecticut
“Pretty darn good for a new joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The place is huge and so is the menu. Big bar by the door with the requisite TV monitors hung everywhere. Hey! Can we turn off the tube for 20 minutes and just enjoy a good meal and some conversation???

The pulled pork platter is immense. Don't miss the corn choucroute sides or the fabulous Hushpuppies. The service is friendly and fast... But watch out for the four different BBQ sauces, all vinegar-based with a taste that will give you reflux for hours.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not the best but not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am from the North so I love my thicker sweater BBQ sauce and sadly Queen City Q falls short on delivering that. The owner is said to be a former cook from Macs Speed Shop and I would say at least he got the mac and cheese right!!! Good place to stop in the city, but BBQ didn't do it for me nor did the burger.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delicious and Plentiful BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I had the St Louis style ribs and they were incredibly tender and very tasty. Sides were wonderful. My wife's smoked sausage was wonderful. However portion size a tad smaller than I would prefer. Overall it was a wonderful meal and we will

our server was not attentive and got my wife's order incorrect. However other servers seemed to provide superior service

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm not from USA so I'm not a BBQ expert but I tried some and by far this is the best placed I tried and really cheap ($$$) for the amount and the quality, the service is really good too

Charlotte, NC
“Ok barbarque”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I will have to say that this is not he best barbarque that I have tasted. It was a bit dry. There are several squirt bottles of barbarque on the table but they need to be wiped down in between customers because they were extremely greasy and no one wants to touch that while they are eating. Service was ok. NOthing to brag about.

Visited November 2012