“Glad I found this place, new go-to hotel in Charlotte” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early
Ranked #3 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Glad I found this place, new go-to hotel in Charlotte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was unfamiliar with this brand until this stay, but was pleasantly surprised by pretty much everything. It is a new property, and is sparkly clean. The rooms are large and laid out quite well. They all have a kitchenette area that is stocked with dishes and utensils, full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher. There is no stove or oven, but you can get a hot plate from the front desk upon request. There is no shortage of restaurants in the area, but the kitchen is enough to make dinner when you just don't want to go out. The beds were very comfortable, and there was more workspace than I knew what to do with.
My favorite part of the hotel were the two large comfortable outdoor patios. They were so mice, my coworkers and I ended up working outside most of the time because there were outlets and tables in the shade. There was a small pool and workout room that I did not really get a chance to check out, but will on my next stay.
The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful, Krupa and Toni were especially helpful in setting up future reservations for me and my coworker.
The breakfast leaves a little to be desired, but you can always get some groceries and use the kitchen in your room if you get sick of the limited selection. There is also an amazing breakfast place called Terrace Cafe not too far away.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area, and have already made plans to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear offB,

Your review was great!! Thanks for providing a genuine review for other TripAdvisor viewers to read. We are honored to be your new "go-to" hotel in Charlotte! I am pleased to hear that our staff, Krupa, and Toni provided you with top-notch service. It has been a true pleasure providing our hospitality to your and your group. Thank you for your business, and thank you for being our guest.

Juan T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed for a week in June, and have re-booked. The staff of this hotel is truly exceptional, and they go out of their way to make sure every guest has a good experience. Beds were comfortable, and rooms were immaculate. It's nice that they strive to run a green hotel too. Bring your own bar of soap and shampoo if you don't like liquid soaps. We did run into the infamous noise issue on a few nights, and agree that it's worth asking if a room without neighbors is available. Between the fantastic staff, the cleanliness, the kitchen areas in the rooms (no oven or burners, but you can borrow a hot plate) and being able to have a light breakfast, this hotel is definitely a Best Value for Charlotte.

Green Features: Very environmentally friendly. I wouldn't choose a hotel based on its impact on the environment, but I do respect Hilton's attention to this issue.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sharon T,

Your review was wonderful! Thank you for providing TripAdvisor viewers honest and candid information about Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South-Charlotte, NC. We appreciate your return business to our hotel! Our staff is honored to have provided hospitality for you and your family. Thanks again for choosing Home2. We look forward to see you next time you're in town.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Liked the layout of the room, 2 beds plus sleeper sofa. Also, pet friendly with actual grass and sidewalks to walk the dogs. Breakfast was okay, it's free. Close and easy access to I-77 and Billy Graham Library and maybe 10=15 minutes from downtown. Sounded like a running toddler above us the first night but that stopped so didn't bother to call the desk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Teresa T,

We really appreciate your taking the time review us on TripAdvisor. It is an honor to be chosen as your preferred hotel for your trip to Charlotte. Thanks for pointing out our convenient location for other travelers. Our goal is provide your family a clean, comfortable, and engaging place to stay during your trip. I am pleased to see that we did provide this for you. Thank you again for choosing Home2. More importantly, thanks to you and your family for being our guests.

Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Hotel was great, clean and the staff was helpful. The lady working the early morning shift packed us a breakfast to go for our flight. She was very helpful and emailed our receipt to us. The suites are beautiful and spacious. Everything was very clean. It is just too noisy in between rooms. Not sure I will stay here again without making sure we don't have someone in the room next to us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Stephanie G,

Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate the genuine feedback provided on this TripAdvisor Review. My sincerest apologies for the noise level you experience during your stay. Next time you're in Charlotte, please let us know and we will ensure you a room that is more quiet during your stay. Once again, thank you for your overall wonderful review of our team and property. We value your business, and want you to consider us again for a future trip to Charlotte.

Marblehead, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel is great for a family stay. The patios areas where we could gather were very relaxing and being able to be outside while still watching the young people in the pool was nice. Liked the layout of the room. Would definitely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear 489elizabethg,

We're very pleased to hear your family enjoyed Home2. Our goal is to provide family's and business travelers a nice place to relax and feel free to be themselves. It's great to know your family did just that! We are honored that you took the time to share your experience. Please come back and visit next time you're in Charltote!!

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

There was definitely a lot of thought put into designing this brand. The front desk clerk was very cordial and eager to help with anything, check in went smoothly. Very family friendly hotel. Nice indoor pool area. We had a King room on the 3rd floor. Plenty of space to spread out, very minimalistic design, perfect for a longer stay with kitchenetter, everything worked and it was CLEAN!! But....the walls are very thin so if you have noisy neighbors, which we did, (kids yelling and screaming, adults talking loud, doors slamming, all down the hall) this may not be the place for you. Expanded continental breakfast is included but serving area was very congested, (they had almost everything you could toast or microwave). We were just passing through so only stayed one night, grabbed a few yogurts and headed to Starbucks.

Dear TravelinLady,

Wow! This is such a thoughtful review from a seasoned travelered and Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor such as yourself! We can't thank you enough for trying Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South and providing us with your valuable feedback. Thanks again for visiting us, and come back anytime!

Columbus, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a very convenient (directly off I-77) location if travelling through. Very nice amenities. Very nice - continental - breakfast. To me, they had way more than your typical continental breakfast. You can make waffles, multiple types of sandwiches to microwave, fresh fruit, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, etc. Beds were very comfortable, and really all the room things that you can find at home in the kitchen area. Shampoo and Body Wash in dispensers in shower. Nice stay.

Dear Kay,

Thank you for this kind review! We appreciate your feedback and attention to detail. Glad you really enjoyed our Inspired Continential Breakfast. Our goal is to provide our guest with clean, comfortable and enjoyable accomodations. I'm pleased our team provided that for you. Thanks again for letting other TripAdivors members know about our Home2 Suites by Hilton in Charlotte of I77. We appreciate your review, but most importantly, we appreciate you being our guest.

Best,

Juan T

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South? Share your experiences!