“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenville, United States
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had never heard of this offering by Hilton until I went to book my trip. The hotel is "green" and designed with extended stay in mind. I was only there 3 nights but I would most definitely stay in a Home2 Suites again. The room far exceeded my expectations for the rate and I travel quite a bit for work. The staff was very friendly and super accommodating. I can't think of one negative thing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Jodell,

We are honored to read this review! Thank you for taking the time to let other TripAdvisor members know your experience with Home2 Suites by Hilton-77 South. We appreciate you noticing our "green" efforts as well! They are very important to us at Home2. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we sincerely thank you for your business. Come back to visit next time you're in Charlotte!

Juan T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

really enjoyed the stay there last week stayed with family with kids, Kids enjoyed hotel as well. Staff was very warm and nice and helpful. Staff went out of the way to help kids out. Really enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear CoryAnn S,

Nothing pleases me more than to know that our team was warm and welcoming to your kids and family. It is our duty to make sure every family has a wonderful experience here at Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South. We absolutely thank you for taking the time to let all the TripAdvisor viewers know about your visit. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you're in Charlotte.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We checked in passing through Charlotte with our children. The hotel is very new, and the rooms are very up to date and well-laid out. The pool is small, but very nice. The staff was very helpful with our many requests even though it was a busy night. Lots of nice amenities like a pair of BBQ grills you can use, and a fire pit/lounge area as well. Excellent number of outlets in the room for a very plugged-in family and their chargers. Highly recommend it! Good value. Also: Free apples.

Green Features: The entire hotel has signs and labels to help you make environmentally-friendly choices throughout, including reduced water use. Love the half-flush option on the toilet flush. You will have to see it yourself.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Tennisfan,

Thank you so much for this kind review! Your feedback is very imporant to us. It pleases me to know that the Home2 team was super friendly to you and your family! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the different amentities Home2 has to offer! Thanks again for letting others know about environmentally friendly programs. It's travelers like you who are very important to us, and tripadvisor! You make other travelers decisions easy while on the road! Thank you again for your review, more importantly thank you for being our guest. Come see us next time you're in Charlotte!

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We loved our stay in November so did not hesitate in returning. Hotel is not far from South Park area which suited us. Also not far from airport.

Room has all you need.micro, fridge, plus breakfast included, laundry and great little gym. It's got great parking and is neat and new.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Clivecheddar,

Thanks for your wonderful review! We noticed you are a seasoned traveler, and important Contributed on TripAdivsor. This review is very helpful to others who are considering staying in the Charlotte area. We thank you for being our guests, and we very much appreciate the return business. Please let us know when you’re coming back! We will be more than happy to have you as our guest a third time!

Liverpool, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and were extremely pleased with the amenities in the hotel and the room. The staff at the front desk were awesome! They made some recommendations about the surrounding area that helped us maximize our time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear DianeQ,

Nothing pleases me more than to hear that the Home2 gave you an awesome experience. THANK YOU so much for this kind review. It was a pleasure to have you, and your husband as our guests. We appreciate the time you took to post this review on TripAdvisor. Guests like you are very important to other TripAdvisor viewers who are making hotel choices. Once again, thank you for being our guest. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel offers very comfortable rooms along with everything a family would need for a day or week stay. Very clean from the lobby to the rooms and the staff was super friendly. I will stay at Home2 when I can in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms have easy access to the elevator or stairs.
Green Features: Home2 Suites are on top of the environmentally friendly issues that hotels are faced with.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. It's reviews like yours that assist other travelers to make a great hotel decision when coming to Charlotte. We are pleased to know you enjoyed everything about Home2, including our environmentally friendly features. Thanks for being our guest!

Belmar, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We selected Home2 since it was located at the right spot on our south to north trek from Florida to Pa near Charlotte and it was Pet Friendly for our small cockapoo. The hotel was clean, right off I-77 and the front desk staff very friendly greeting us and our pet. They put us in a special pet area which was fine. What we hadn't noticed in the fine print was that there was an automatic $75 extra charge per room for having a pet..even a well trained, non shedding one.
But the worst part of the stay was the breakfast. They set up a buffet in a small area so that at 7 am no one could get to the toaster or the single waffle iron. There must have been 100 hotel guests all frustrated...they ran out of plastic forks and spoons, napkins, had no fruit, little cerel choice...a complete disaster. The 3rd issue we had was a seemingly helpful desk clerk gave us directions to the wrong restaurant... cost us 30 mins of extra driving and hassel... she later apologized, wasn;t from the area she said.

Green Features: I Wasn't aware of them when we were there..Perhaps we missed the notice. If they do all that, thats good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours are very important. I will personally discuss your requests regarding designs with the breakfast offerings with our Home2 Brand Team. It’s our duty to provide you with a great experience, and we did not meet that expectation 100%. Please consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Charlotte! We would love to have you back as our guest.

Juan T

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South? Share your experiences!