“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orange Park, United States
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Very clean hotel with a comfortable feel to the lobby and outdoor seating. The staff was exceptionally friendly and always available. Breakfast selection could be a little better, but all in all my stay was a good one.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Lisa,

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to review Home2 on TripAdvisor! I will let the team know your wonderful statement regarding their service. It's more than appreciated. I also appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast. As a new brand, we are always striving for improvements. We will be sure to give that information to our brand team. Once again, thank you for your review, but more importantly...thank you for being our guest!

Juan T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wauconda, IL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The new standard for longer term stay options. A similar price as standard hotels, with all of the long term options one needs. Great equipment and a spacious room. Clean and comfortable, friendly and serviceable staff and a good workout room. Bonus for the grills available out back. Could use more cooktops for borrow.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Gregory,

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business. Our staff's number one goal is to make sure you enjoyed your stay! Nothing pleases me more than to receive this feedback on TripAdvisor from you. The tip about the cooktops is noted, and appreciated as well. Once again, we can't thank you enough for being our guest! Please come back to visit us the next time you're in Charlotte!!

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel was really nice and the building seemed very new. I booked a studio suite and the room was perfect, nothing to complain about as far as that goes. Staff wasn't super friendly (no smiles) and not very forthcoming about suggestions/directions to places in the area. This is probably because I was there on an employee rate stay. One quick example, when I first checked in at around 2 30 the room was apparently dirty and no other options were available. I waited around the lobby for 30 - 45 minutes for someone to let me know what was going on but I had to go up myself to find out the room was clean. It seemed like I could have waited another hour without anybody telling me anything. Also, the breakfast was somewhat disappointing compared to a Hampton Inn. I saw a sign claiming there were 400 different breakfast combinations available but that didn't seem realistic to me. To sum it up, they had cereal, yogurt, a waffle maker, and microwaveable things (which got soggy and nasty). I did love the environmentally friendly ideals that the hotel practiced. It was a beautiful place and I hope to be back soon.

Green Features: They have excellent environmentally friendly practices at this property.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback will not go unoticed. We appreciate your candid review and will follow up accodingly with the Home2 team members. We appreciate your business, and want to thank you for being our guest. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Charlotte is plush with extended stay options and our small company has tried them all. We've paid less, more, much less, and more more - however, at any price point we haven't found a better overall experience than this Home2 property. The one "hiccup" we experienced was resolved with agile ingenuity and the lobby staff follow-up with courtesy and top energy. They pay attention to your routine and are on standby to maintain your comfort, make contextual suggestions, and just share a laugh after a long work day.

Rooms are well maintained, noise is never an issue, multiple places to site inside and out, emergency business center offerings and meeting room, easy access to grocery, restaurants, and entertainment. Toni, Eyeisha, Jessica, and friends all run a top-notch tight ship.

Room Tip: I've had every variety of room here and have not had a bad one yet. First or fourth floor.
Green Features: They have recycling and waste receptacles readily accessible and offer various levels of room turnover to conserve resources. On-premise options for living are well stocked and reduce "quick runs" off property conserving time and fuel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Ali,

This review on TripAdvisor is very much appreciated! We have to admit, we are a little happy that you did go through several other local extended stay properties that did not satisfy your needs...it ultimately landed you with here with your new "Home2." It a pleasure to have you, Robert, and the crew as our guests. Myself, Toni, Eyeisha, Jessica, and team enjoying talking with you daily! It's reviews like yours that will help other travelers coming to Charlotte Area give us a try. We know we can make their stay just as enjoyable as yours. Once again, thank you for this wonderful review, and more importantly..thank you for being our guest. We sincerely enjoy having you here.

Juan
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I’ve been staying at Home2 for the past couple months. The staff at Home2 really make the on-the-road Monday through Thursday business lifestyle more enjoyable. The front desk and cleaning staff are always friendly. Nice swimming pool and fitness center. The rooms and facility are clean! Conveniently located for highway and airport travel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Alissa,

You've become more like family at Home2! We appreciate your loyalty, and also taking the time to let other TripAdvisor reviewers know your personal experience at the hotel. We know that traveling week after week for work can be challenging at times, so thank you again for letting us be your Home2! Tell your sister we said hi, and we hope to see her again soon. Thank you again for your business, we appreciate it more than you know.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

After having tried another well know extended stay hotel for 2 days, We were very lucky to find the Home2 Suites. Our stay at Home2 Suites could not have been better, the management and staff treated us like family. It is a great place to stay with family and in our case a Boxed named "Angel". Having to wait a month for your home to be finished is somewhat stressful, but staying at Home2 Suites made it seem like we were on vacation.
Our thanks to the wonderful staff, we appreciate very much the care and attention you gave us.

Gary & Maggie Dixon

Room Tip: You will find any room at Home2 Suites in excellent condition.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Gary!

It was more than a pleasure having you, your family, and your boxer, Angel as our guests. We loved seeing her around the property. She always made us smile! We hope the rennovations to your Charlotte home are exactly what you had hoped for, and we do appreciate the time your family spent here at Home2! It's reviews on TripAdvisor like yours, that help other familes, and rellocation guests tp choose a hotel for their long term stay when visiting Charlotte, and we can't thank you enough for sharing your experience. Once again, thank you for using Trip Advisor to express your feelings towards of Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South, and more importantly thank you for being our guests.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Picked this hotel based on location and TA ratings. The front desk person was very pleasant, courteous and helpful. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. One suggestion would be to add another waffle maker to the buffet table. Breakfast Buffet was good but have had better.

Location was perfect if your traveling I-77.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi Ed!

Thank you so much for choosing Home2 Suites by Hilton for your visit to Charlotte based on other members of TripAdvisor's reviews. We appreciate your business, and also you being a "Contributor" to TripAdvisor yourself. Your reviews help other travelers make important lodging decisions when traveling to Charlotte. The feedback you provided about our breakfast selection is very important to us. We will consider adding another waffle maker, as well as giving our brand team your suggestions about more breakfast options. Once again, thank you for the review, and for being our guest!

Juan T

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South? Share your experiences!