“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I took a cheerleading squad to Charlotte for a competition and got excellent care from the staff. The squad was very comfortable and excited to be there. The rooms were spacious and very clean. It was nice, quiet environment that helped everyone get the adequate rest needed to compete to the best of their ability.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Cecilia M,

On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciate your review! We are excited the team got their rest, and was able to perform their best for competition day! It was a pleasure hosting your team, and we look forward to see you again for the next competition in Charlotte!

Juan T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Many positive things about this location: clean, friendly staff, right off of I-77, nice amenities. However, a pet peeve that I as a frequent traveler have [and I am sure that most of us share]: hot water issues.
During my three night stay I had warm water one day and cool the other two: the temperatures outside were temperate/seasonal. I heard other guests complain about the water as well.
The other issue is around local restaurants: this location requires a car and a willingness to drive, as local restaurants are in excess of one mile away. For better/business class dining, those restaurants would tend to be more than three miles away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear jtwjlw,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us, as well as other travelers. Your participation and reviews on trip advisor are very helpful and impressive! We apologize 100% for the hot water problems you experienced during your stay. That is not our expectation as a Hilton Brand, and we have been working quickly to have this issue resolved. Overall, we are pleased to know that you did enjoy the Home2 Team and the amenities of the property. We would love for you to give us another try when you come back to Charlotte!

Hamilton, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night travelling to and from Florida. The room had everything we needed and was very clean with nice furniture. We found the bed comfortable and the room spacious and quiet. The staff was very friendly. We liked the room so much that we stayed again another night on the way home. Our only issue was that breakfast was not that exciting. The space for eating was one long bar height table that would maybe seat a dozen people or so. The menu did not contain a lot of options but did suffice before we got on the road again. The 24/7 coffee option was enjoyed by my husband but there was also an in room coffee maker if you didn't wish to leave your room. We did not visit the pool area. There are a few restaurants just the opposite way by the highway if you need a place for dinner. We would stay again when travelling as the most important features for us are new, clean and comfortable rooms.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Lisa N,

We really appreciate this great review! I am delighted to hear that you and your family also decided to stay with us again on the return trip. Your opinion about our breakfast offering is very important to us. We will make sure that Home2 Brand Team is aware of this valuable feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and letting us be your Home2 for a few days! We appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The rooms were modern and clean and easy on and off the highway. Each room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It was like being home. Nice clean bathrooms -- and I am a major stickler for clean -- I would come back and stay anytime.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 23anita,

Our entire team is pleased that you enjoyed your clean accommodations. We are dedicated to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you so much for this review. Your business is very much valued and appreciated. We can’t wait to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed here with my family for a hockey tournament in Feb 2014. Although it was not our first choice, this hotel worked out great and even accepted our new family pet puppy. The property is nice, with easy access and lots of available parking. The rooms are great with a kitchenette and full size refrig. They have two nice patios and even have outdoor grills so you can do some cost cutting and cook at the hotel. We really enjoyed all the conveniences.

Stayed February 2014
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Glittone,

The pleasure is ours to have been able to accommodate your family and pet pup! Thank you for deciding to say with us at Home2 for the first time! I sincerely hope that on your next visit to Charlotte you, your family, and pet pup will return. We appreciate the review and all the value information you’ve provided for future travelers coming to Charlotte!

new haven, connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel, the staff, location and the amenities (gym and pool) are top of the line....the rooms are spacious, appliances, modern, the bed ultra comfortable and the hotel is seriously clean from the hallways, inside of your room and even each entrance and exit is constantly attended....incredible the detail of keeping the hotel clean. The lobby is gorgeous along with the cool fire pit/patio area outside....I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the greater Charlotte area over the past decade and a half and this one might be the best yet.....it rivals the Hyatt Place and House in uptown Charlotte....pricing was also excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear vinmarine1,

THANK YOU so much for your amazing review! We are honored to have you describing us as “close to perfection” when your travels are so extensive. I noticed you’re a senior contributor with TripAdvisor, and your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. We welcome you back to your Home2 in Charlotte anytime!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is wonderful. The bedding is extremely comfortable. I stay here every time I am in Charlotte. Juan really knows how to take care of his guests. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether passing through or staying for an extended period of time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Casey H,

We appreciate your business! Thank you for this wonderful review of our property. Our team’s number one goal is to make sure our guests have a wonderful hotel experience when visiting Charlotte. I am pleased to know that we provided you this experience. Your business and recommendation is very much appreciated. We look forward to your next Home2 visit!

Juan T

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South? Share your experiences!