“Great Hotel and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early
Ranked #2 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Richmond
“Great Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed with my daughter and son who were racing in the Footlocker XC meet at McAlpine Park. Two other families from our high school also stayed here. Excellent experience all around. Lobby staff were friendly and helpful. Room was great, with two beds and a pull out coach, and lots of space to spread out our gear. Breakfast in the morning was quick and easy. The furnishings in the lobby area, room and outside areas were great ... my children liked the "Ikea" vibe. I'll be sure to look for Home2 hotels in my future travels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear R B,

Thank you for your positive feedback! All of our Footlocker XC guests were great! I am so glad my front desk staff was friendly and accommodating to you and we are pleased to hear everyone had enough space in our suites. We have heard that our furnishing have the “Ikea” vibe from other guests too and we are happy your children enjoyed that. Home2 is rapidly growing across the U.S. as we are opening about 70 more within the next year! We especially hope to see you on your next visit to Charlotte, NC! Thanks again for your kind words!

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am a regular Hilton Loyal customer. This Home 2 exceeded every expectation I had. I highly recommend this location for couples, families and business. The breakfast provided was adequate, the internet was consistent and the facility was immaculate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Sharhonda F.,

Thank you so much for your kind words and we appreciate your loyalty in the Hilton brand. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Home2 and we are glad that the facility and accommodations exceeded your expectations! Thank you again for taking the time to give us some positive feedback and we would love to see you on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We needed to go to Charlotte to meet up with our children that were making a very quick trip in and out of the USA from Germany (military). We had not seen our daughter, son-in-law and fabulous grandchildren in over 15 months and this was our only chance. Our family picked this hotel and I honestly had never heard of it. We were arriving a few days ahead of them and stayed a day longer. But knew that whatever hotel they would pick was fine.
What a wonderful surprise. It is a delightful place to stay, clean, modern, and with all needed amenentities. We both loved the bathroom, wonderful large shower and modern, large vanity. An excellent rate for a holiday weekend. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Our room was located on the first floor right at the back entrance. My husband is handicapped and there was a very nice ramp there but NO handicapped parking at that entrance. It would have been very helpful to have handicapped parking for loading and unloading him and his mobility cart. Other that than one problem everything else was EXCELLENT! Thank you Home2!

Room Tip: All rooms would be noisy because people are inconsiderate and have not learned to close their doors...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear map0814,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a positive response! We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at Home2. We are so glad you loved the amenities and that my staff was friendly and accommodating! Thanks again for all of your kind words and we would love to see you on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visited CLT for the annual Foot Locker XC race and stayed here bec others from team were here. I used HHonors points and could not have been more pleased.

They upgraded my room, gave us a wooden nickel for free pantry stuff. Eco sense of hotel is very wise, mildly Euro in its furnishings. Good stop

Stayed November 2013
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Wtftraveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! All of our guests from the Foot Locker XC race were great! We are so delighted we could accommodate everyone and get you an upgrade! Thanks again for your kind words and we would love to have you guys back on your next trip to Charlotte!

Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I like this hotel and have stayed on several visits to area. Good internet connectivity (wireless and wired); quiet rooms, comfortable work space, comfortable bed, nice size shower (no tub). I like the euro-modern feel. Polite staff. Nice outdoor fire pit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear RoadWarrior47,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear you enjoy your stays at Home2 and have been coming back! We are glad we can accommodate you with our amenities and please let us know if we can do anything else to ensure you have a comfortable stay! Thanks again for taking the time to give us some positive feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is great. The rooms are large and the entire hotel is very clean. The rooms have a trendy minimalistic theme but that's fine. Breakfast was decent as well, but more seating area would be nice. My only complaint is that the hotel is not in the greatest location, but I still felt very safe. Plenty of room in each room for 4 adults. Also, they say they have a limited housekeeping schedule but they offered to clean our room on a weekend day, which I didn't think happened. Overall I was very impressed and would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear agxb99,

Thanks for your positive feedback! I am glad you had enough room in your suite for everyone and you felt safe at our property. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did and we are delighted you had a comfortable stay with us at Home2! We would love to see you guys on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. No restaurants walkable nearby. Rooms have a microwave, mid-size fridge, glasses, bowls, silverware, mini coffee maker, just no stove. Very comfortable bed. Everything worked well, and quiet. They have a serve-yourself breakfast but didn't have time to try. They do sell drinks and pre-prepared food (sandwiches, wraps, hotpockets) from the front desk. Would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear DiverScientist,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at Home2! We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities in the suite and the comfortable bed. We appreciate the feedback and we would love to see you on your next trip to Charlotte, NC!

Juan

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South? Share your experiences!