“Brand new, bright and airy” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early
Ranked #3 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Brand new, bright and airy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My first time at Hilton's Home2 brand. Amenities compare closely to Homewood Suites.

Pluses:
Very bright, open and airy. Larger rooms than Homewood. My king suite had two doors to the bathroom; one from the living area, other from the bedroom.

Video input jacks for the flat screen on the wall by the desk. Wheeled pull-out desk surface.

Two gas grills on the patio in back.

Minuses:
Lack of USB charging ports in room and in the little flip up panels in the long dining table downstairs. It just seems odd that Hilton is putting in USB ports in decades-old Hampton Inns, but none could be found in this up-to-the-minute style property.

No built in counter top cooking surface in kitchenette, though a placard stated a portable hotplate could be obtained from the staff. Fridge is European sized, with no ice maker.

If you want to stay away from breakfast carbs and grains, your'e limited to some fresh fruit, yogurt, and scraping the toppings off the open faced sandwiches that you run through the little oven.

I could get only warm, not hot, water out of the shower. I meant to ask the front desk if this was a maintenance issue, or if the temperature is kept down on purpose to keep with the eco-friendly branding. Either way, it definitely needs to be bumped up.

Bottom Line:
Great choice if you would like room sizes larger and brighter than Homewood Suites, but if you plan on really using the kitchenette during a long stay, Homewood may be a better choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your first experience here at the Home2 Suites! We are glad you enjoyed all of our amenities. We are a new brand and we are working to better ourselves to fit your needs. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Juan Torres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of saying at this new hotel for the weekend. I was very impressed with the concept. The front desk representatives, Eva and Quentin were very welcoming an took their time to tell me about the brand. They directed me to nearby restaurants and even suggested some places that deliver. Everytime we returned to the hotel they greeted us warmly which really made this place feel like home. I highly suggest staying at this hotel due to it's cleanliness, location, and most importantly customer service.

• Stayed February 2013
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff treated you well. I am pleased to hear that Quentin and Eva offered information to improve your stay. We hope to see you in the near future!
Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Home2Home Suites by Hilton in Charlotte is an excellent hotel to stay in. The beautiful colors and contemporary furniture makes the hotel bright and inviting. Eva, the front desk representative was very warm and friendly. The rooms are large, and the bed was oh so comfortable. This was our first time staying in the Home2Home and I definitely would stay again.

As a first timer, I was offered a complimentary snack and drink. I thought that was just awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and that Eva offered you the warm welcome you deserve. We can't wait to have you stay at our property again.
Bristol, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

While traveling home with 4 friends our flight out of Charlotte was cancelled due to the recent blizzard in the Northeast, so we spent 3 nights at the Home2 Suites by Hilton in Charlotte, and could not have had a better experience. The hotel is beautifully decorated, modern and very clean. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and just hanging out in the comfortable lobby area each morning. As we were in Charlotte for 4 days, unplanned (traveling back from Cancun) having a full size refrigerator and microwave was extremely useful. The beds were very comfy and a 2 bedroom studio was big enough for all 5 of us to share comfortably. We took full advantage of the swimming pool, gym, and laundry facilities too -all in great condition. Towels, water & headphones were even provided in the gym - more than I can say for the facility I pay for at home! What truly made our stay memorable was the STAFF - we had the pleasure of meeting 4 or 5 different employees during our 4 day stay, and all were incredibly personable, helpful and made us feel right at home. A staff member even drove us to the airport at the end of her shift so we could avoid paying the taxi fair to go pick up a rental car - talk about amazing customer service!! Thank you to everyone at Home2 Suites for helping us make the best of our unexpected stay in Charlotte.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com! I am pleased to read the comments on our staff; they go above and beyond to deliver the Home2 customer service. We appreciate you using of our Spin2Cycle and are glad you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchens and roomy suites. We hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently stayed for an overnight girl's trip and the room was great! It slept 6 very comfortably! The room and hotel was beautifully decorated and very clean! Would definitely stay here again. It also was only minutes away from everything we needed for the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you were pleased with your stay and that there was enough space for your group. We look forward to having you back in the near future for your next girl's trip!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have now stayed in 3 home2 suites by hilton and I hope they continue to add many more. I was stranded at the airport when my flight was cancelled and it was after 1:00am. I needed a place for me and my two grown children but most rooms nearer to airport were taken. Airport gave me voucher to stay in econolodge for discount but no thanks. I called and spoke to Cynthia at home 2suites by Hilton, who gave me directions and advice about taxi and where to stop for incidentals I needed. They do carry a variety of food, snacks and drinks and she let me know they could probably take care of what I needed. She greeted me warmly and made me feel welcome and important. She has been a long time hilton employee so she knows her stuff. But her kindness went above and beyond her job description. Thank you for an amazing comfortable room, great tv ,full kitchen ,large fridge , microwave, and even dishwasher. Breakfast in the morning too!!and the beds and linens are luxury. I will stay here again when in town and recommend anyone else to go so. And another mention to Cynthia; her attention to me and detailed knowledge made this a perfect stay. Thank you Cynthia.

• Stayed January 2013
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We are happy that you found our hotel to be so comfortable for your group! Our suites are designed with your needs in mind and I am happy you found yours met while staying with us. We hope the next time you come to Charlotte you choose to stay with us! Thank you again.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here while on the road and I can't complain about anything. We were six people and three dogs and we slept like kings. The hotel is spotless and our room smelled clean and looked unused. The full kitchen was well stocked and came in handy when we needed to feed our dogs. If you're traveling with pets, it's great. The perimeter of the property has a walking trail, grassed areas, and a stand for pet owners with poop bags and a trash can. Breakfast was full of nutritional options, which is surprising. Apples, oatmeal, cereal, breads, bagels, yogurt, milk, etc. It's located right odd the highway which is perfect for travelers. Again, can't complain about anything!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Juan T, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear The_Dewey,

We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your visit with us and enjoyed some of the great offerings and pet friendly amenities the Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte has to offer. We hope you will come back again soon to enjoy the property some more!

Best,
Juan Torres

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South? Share your experiences!