“Excellent breadth in the collection of African American art and artists” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture

Ranked #11 of 58 Attractions in Charlotte
Type: Museums
Atlanta GA
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent breadth in the collection of African American art and artists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Enjoyed the collection. Of special note was a helpful assistant in the Museum Shop who helped us find the name of the artist of a work we especially liked.

Visited November 2013

8 attraction reviews
“Great Exhibit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My mom, my friend, and I went here in January for a special exhibit. We highly enjoyed ourselves in the exhibit and the gift shop. The prices were a little high but worth the exhibit. The gift shop prices are a little high as well. I haven't been when there isn't a special exhibit, so I don't know what it is like regularly. The parking is expensive, so I park at the Green and walk. I wanted to get married here, but the prices were WAY TOO HIGH because you have to pay the custodian and security guard in addition to the high price to rent, and your guests will have to pay for parking!

Visited January 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
“Great place for history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My Mother wanted to go for Mother's Day and it was a great time. It was great to see so history regarding Charlotte and the African American community. It is always good to your community's history. We will go back to keep learning. You should go too!

Visited May 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Great history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice museum! I went to see the America, I Am exhibit and was blown away. It's a power packed museum and a great learning experience for the kids!

Visited February 2013
Charlotte
3 attraction reviews
“Educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Took advantage of the free admission at this simply beautiful arts & culture center and hate I'm just getting to visit. The 'America I Am' exhibit was simply amazing from start to finish and my son was so intrigued with everything he learned. It reminded me of some parts of the civil rights museum in Memphis but on a smaller scale. I'll definitely continue to support the Gantt Center.

Visited August 2012

Travelers who viewed The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture also viewed

Been to The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.