“Okay food, slow service.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #547 of 1,940 restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Irish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College St
Transit: Free Parking from 5:00pm-3:00am at the 5th St Parking Garage with Validation
Jacksonville FL
“Okay food, slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I ate here because we were staying locally. Since it was close to St. Patrick's Day we picked Fitzgerald's. The food was okay. My fish sandwich was really greasy and I had one bite of the coleslaw but it tasted bad so I spit it into my napkin. As for service before the food came our waitress was very attentive. After the food came she disappeared. We had finished eating and waited...and waited. We couldn't find her anywhere. It was frustrating.

Overall the food is okay but the service is slow.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Superb service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We received very attentive service and an excellent burger. Sitting outside provided a good view of tge skyline. I perfer s couple of the wonderful array of resturants in this area of downtown

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“SLAMMIN Fish & Chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took some local friends out to eat, and they wanted to come here- which may say something about this place. We sat on the rooftop and enjoyed the late summer air, had a couple beers, and ate. I honestly can't even comment on the interior of the place.The service was solid, tho for sure. I had a couple local micro brews, darker ales, tho I cannot recall exactly which breweries they were from... But I can say with absolute certainty that their fish & chips was THE best I've had in the U.S. The English have it figured out- tho funnily enough, now-a-days in England, fish & chips is typically served by non-Brits, in a take-away walk-in place. I was never disappointed in England, or Scotland- but eating fish & chips in the U.S. is dicey- you just never know. I have no earthly idea what other menu items this place has; their fish & chips was honestly that good. I seem to have forgotten all else. But my local friends like it and go there regularly. In my own mind, that stands for quite a lot in a place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Average food, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was very excited before Fitzgerald's opened. I love Irish Pub-style restauarants, and with Rira's always being so busy, having a new place practically steps from my office was going to be great! But, then I went there...

In the three visits I've made to Fitzgerald's, I've never left satisfied. The food was nothing special, and nothing remarkable "Irish" aside from renaming some classics. They do have really great sweet potato fries though.

The service has also been very slow every time I've been there, inspite of seeing more servers than tables with guests... Downtown restaurants should be able to get people in and out in an hour, that's a standard. I shouldn't have to send someone to hunt down our server to get our bill when we've been done eating for 15 minutes...

I don't think I'd recommend this place, at least not for a weekday lunch. Perhaps they are better in the evenings, when there's a game or event at the Arena.

Visited December 2012
South Easton, Massachusetts
“Fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Liked the bull and great beer selection. The place is pretty big and accommodated our large group and we all got to sit together.

Visited January 2013