“Great Place to eat!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College St
Transit: Free Parking from 5:00pm-3:00am at the 5th St Parking Garage with Validation
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My buddy and I liked that it was across from the Arena as we were able to walk down the road and see all that Charlotte has to offer. We heard it was transformed from a bar to a restaurant not long ago which was interesting that we got to see it in the semi-beginning of its life!

Visited August 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Dont buy the groupon, terrible service/food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

When we came in it was as if they didnt want to have us there. Not a very welcoming atmosphere. Took forever to get our food, order was not right and not good. Example: steak sandwich with guiness gravy to dip - AKA, a hamburger bun with bad quality meat and a small plastic condiment cup of cold gravy that came out of a jar. Example 2: shepherds pie (of which should be a staple of a irish place) - AKA, a bowl of instant mashed potatoes, same bad beef and some cheese - oh yea, and sime jar gravy. So. We had a groupon for 30 and our meal was 24. We had my sister with us as well on a separate check. When we got our paid check back, the response by the waitress was you are good. When i saw we had unused funds from the groupon i asked her why not apply that credit to the other bill? She was soooo ticked off and said she would be back. She came back and applied the credit. I guess common sense is not common sense. The waitress was rude and should be stationed at the nearest waffle house. Every bit of this experience was bad. Dont go!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SE North Carolina
“Good food, in the middle of uptown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were uptown on a saturday afternoon and decided to pop in for a break. The service was excellent. My children ordered the chicken fingers (appetizer menu) and I had just a bowl of soup and a beer. The menu is a standard bar menu, that you find in a million other so called irish pubs. But the food we ordered was good. Our server kept checking on us which I liked. Looks to be a Steelers hangout based on the decor.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Disappointed...DO NOT USE GROUPON=CRAPPY SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I never complain about restaurants but I feel that I have been cheated by the restaurant and staff. We purchased a groupon the other day, since it was $15 for $30 worth of food. We are very easy people to wait on and leave VERY good tips (25%+) when the service is good. We had no special orders nor did we complain about anything to the waitress. The food was actually pretty good.... Anyway, as we sat down at the table the waitress saw that we had a groupon, she instantly knew that she wasnt getting a tip because it took 15mins before she came back to get our food order. Took 30+ minutes recieve our food. We recieved one drink refill the entire hour and a half we were there. We sat for 25mins after finishing our food before she even came by to check to see if we needed drink refills or the check. To top it all off she added 18% GRATUITY to the check for TWO PEOPLE! Apparently this is their policy if you use groupon. IF YOU ARE GOING TO SCAM CUSTOMERS IN THIS MANNER, THEN WE WILL TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alpharetta, Georgia
“The Food wasn't the highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

We happened upon Fitzgeralds because it is across the road from the Bluementhal stage door and we had a large group, the positives were our hostess did figure a way to seat us pretty quickly and it was happy hour so drinks were cheap!
On the downside our waitress was so hard to find, it took 30 mins for her to take an order, another 30 mins actually more, for us to get our food and when we did, it was pub food but nothing special, really average... The wings are big but not particularly flavorful, te blackened Parmesan wings didn't taste much like Parmesan at all. The sweet and spicy not really spicy. I had a filet of fish sandwich, and I was really wishing I'd had one at McDonalds instead, the cheese tasted like bland cheap cheddar instead of something more flavorful, it was a big piece of fish but didn't enjoy it, in fact I kinda felt crappy afterwards. On the plus side the fries were great!
The ladies bathroom was just not clean, overflowing trash and paper on the floor.
They were busy I will give them that, they just need Gordon Ramsey to help fix some problems

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere