“Great fresh food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 1,976 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Paris, France
“Great fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Twisted my husbands arm to dine here and he loved it! Just goes to show you don't need meat if you have great quality ingredients and spices. The staff is very attentive also. Arrive early to avoid the wait or o sit outside.

Visited May 2012

CT
“Great Vegan Food at Fern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fern has a wonderful vegan/vegetarian menu. The food is tasty and the service prompt. The restaurant decor is beautiful. I only wish we lived closer so that we could go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, NC
“Best Vegetarion/Vegan Food in Charlotte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great food at Fern, especially the brunch on Saturdays and Sundays (goes until 2pm). The OM burger is amazing and I especially like the quinoa and spinach benedict with hollandaise sauce. The food is local and really yummy and they have $1 bloody mary's! It is located on Central Avenue in what looks like a crappy building, but it is really cute inside.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was very excited to have brunch at Fern restaurant and went with my husband and another couple last week. The food was mediocre and the service was terrible. Our waiter was nervous, shaking as he brought out food, did not know how to take an order and was terrible with follow up. The floor manager was very pleasant and did what she could, but every time I needed something I had to get up and find her.
My husband had the Quinoa and Spinach Benedict which is served over quinoa & chick pea cakes as opposed to an english muffin which we thought was a really creative. Being big quinoa and bean lovers we thought this would really wow us, but it was nothing special. I had the Tofu Scramble and found it lacking in flavor. It was scrambled with spinach and mushrooms which there were very little of. My husband did get a side of their Savory Sweet Potato Hash which had great flavor. Since they just recently started serving brunch I may go back for lunch one day and give it another chance.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont North Carolina
“Laughing Buddha Bowl!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We finally had an opportunity to visit Fern this past week. The only problem was trying to decide which of the tempting entrees to try on our first visit! I decided on the Laughing Buddha Bowl, which changes often, depending on which fresh ingredients they have that day. It was outstanding! My husband had the tacos, which he very much liked, and he isn't a vegetarian. The decor is so calming and pleasant with its wall of live ferns and mason jar lighting. Even if you're not a vegetarian/vegan, give Fern a try. You won't be disappointed. We'll definitely go back to try the other entrees!

• Visited June 2012