“Comfortable and Safe for Solo Woman Business Traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #59 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Baltimore, Maryland
“Comfortable and Safe for Solo Woman Business Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

The staff at the Westin Charlotte were really exceptional. The good things about the hotel: Great service, absolutely beautiful view from my corner room, decent restaurant, great bathroom with nice shower, pretty keycards, in room safe, nice ironing board, very comfortable bed and good bedding, big hi-def TV, good hairdryer, in room Starbucks coffee, and nice bathroom amenities. The not so good things: hallway carpet really needs to be replaced, the furniture in the room was old, there was a charge for internet service, there was no hotel info or channel directory in the room, no hotel stationery in the room for notes, and no full length mirror in the room. When I first checked in my room was fairly clean but after leaving a note for housekeeping with a small gift, she really did a wonderful job cleaning and hooked me up with the extra coffee supplies I requested. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Thank you for sharing your kind words! We are happy to know you received such great service and enjoyed the exceptional views from your room! Our guest rooms do have so many great features, including our Heavenly Beds® and in room Starbucks Coffee. We also offer complimentary wireless internet in many public spaces of the hotel, including the Lobby, Starbucks®, The Lobby Bar, Bar10 and Ember Grille & Terrace! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back at The Westin Charlotte soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This was my 2nd visit to the Westin Charlotte. Unfortunately, the property seems to have gone downhill since my last visit. When I checked in, my room wasn't available (I was pre-upgraded), so they put me in a standard room which had more broken light bulbs than functioning ones. When I returned to the hotel after some meetings, the room I was upgraded too reeked of sewage (or mold maybe?) and the carpet was terribly stained. Not really a wonderful "upgrade". The restaurant is still great. Staff very friendly, minus the valet that chastised me for losing my ticket (though I did remember the number). Disappointing overall!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We value the opinion of our guests and strive to achieve high levels of service satisfaction. I hope in the future you will choose the NEW Westin Charlotte, as we are currently refreshing our guest rooms. You can expect to see brand new carpets in addition to many other upgraded features!
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Checked into Westin and say multiple dings in the wall and ashes on the counter. Noticed bad upkeep of the room and hallways (carpet dirty and coming up) and hairs in the bathroom for a so called high rated conference hotel. However since I was on a gift certificate and they honored request for a high room I didn't complain. Bad decision. I am now being charged to fix the dings in wall and to clean for smoking in the room. I and anyone in my family have never smoked once.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
We appreciate your feedback and are sorry your stay left you unsatisfied. We have begun refreshing our guest rooms and hallways and can’t wait to reveal the NEW Westin Charlotte! Thank you again for your valuable review.
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

The hotel was perfectly placed in downtown. My wife wears shoes that hurt her feet and she was able to get around easily. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and our server was great ( I don't remember her name, but she was of Asian decent). We had a few requests throughout our stay and the service was incredible. The valet guys were quick and efficient as well. I highly recommend staying here for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Charlotte! We are in fact located within steps of some of Charlotte’s most popular attractions, and we’re glad you got a chance to get out and explore the beautiful Queen City! Service is our number one priority and I’m happy to know it made a difference in your stay. Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor!
Fayetteville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels during my travels; this had to be the worst.
From arrival to departure, problems were covered but not resolved.
I will say I was with a large group but it was obvious the staff was not
prepared! Upon arrival I was told my room was a King and not the double I had requested. I was also told the roll a way bed I had "reserved" by phone 2 days prior, was not available either. Finally
they did give me a double bed after spending most of Friday evening
at the check in desk! All I will say about the departure was it was very
confusing since they could not figure out what the manager has done
on Friday evening. After arriving home and checking my bank account,
I saw the charged on the bill were not what we had agreed upon at
departure. The only response I received from them was "things are a bit hectic with 600 rooms checking out on Sunday", once again I believe they were not prepared for this group and the group had to suffer!

• Stayed January 2011
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your visit. The Westin Charlotte’s associates pride themselves on being able to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests and groups staying with us, so I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will use your comments constructively.
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed at the Westin Charlotte and am a big fan of Westin Hotels but unfortunately would not return to this particular hotel. 1. My colleague and I ate in the downstairs restaurant on teh secodn day of our trip for lunch. We both ordered the lamb gyro and the caesar salad. The caesar salad came out first and both my colleague and I had to send our salads back due to dirt on the lettuce. Room service took almost an hour to get to my room the second night with my order - turkey sandwich and cookies. When the sandwich arrived, the bread was extremely stale - so much so that I had to take the bread off and just eat the turkey. The gift shop is quite nice (located in the lobby) - had lots of snacks and souveniers to buy, Check out was a mess - I went up to one agent. She made me stay there for a good 10 minutes while she worked on something. Then decided to help the guest behind me and made me move to another window with no explanation. This Westin was a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We continually strive to achieve high standards of service and apologize for not being able to exceed your expectations during your trip. We hope in the future you will allow us to show you the true Westin Charlotte experience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Let me preface this by saying that I was a HUGE fan of this hotel. I loved having the opportunity to stay here for work. Everything about this hotel...service, rooms, bar, said "chic." I recently had to spend a night here for work. My last stay had been three years ago. Wow...a lot can change in three years. Sure, the bar and lobby area still have that uber cool vibe...but that is all that remains of the Westin of the past. Here's a summary of my stay:
-Upon entering my room, I quickly noticed nicks on the desk and night stand. Had chalked that up to years of wear.
-My remote control had food crusted on it and the numbers had worn off.
-Pressed the "service" button on the phone to schedule a wake up call and no body answered. I'm not talking about not answering on the first ring..NOBODY answered.
-Stepped into the "heavenly" shower to see pink mildew covering the shower head.
-The bath towel deposited long black hair on me as I dried off (I am a blonde)
-My parking was to be added to my room. It wasn't. So, when checking out...I mentioned it and was told just to pay the parking attendant. I said I didn't have cash and they said to use my credit card. Not the service of the Westin of the past.
-We had two days of work meetings at the Westin. There was NO heat in the ladies restroom and the toliets were not flushing properly. I felt like I was using a restroom in a football stadium...on a cold winter day.
-Our conference room was freezing, while my teammates in the next room were actually getting sick from the heat.
-The table water served with breakfast tasted horrible.
I was really disappointed. Not sure if there is new management at the helm or if the hotel has just gotten complacent since they have been the only higer end game in town. That is not the case anymore with the Ritz and even lower end (though newer) uptown lodging options.
If you are just meeting at the bar, you won't likely notice the difference..but I would think again before booking a room....or an event here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and have received awards for our cleanliness, so we sincerely apologize that your stay disappointed you. We are currently refreshing our guest rooms and we hope you will provide us an opportunity in the future to serve you so that you may experience the NEW Westin Charlotte first hand. We greatly appreciate your time and feedback.

Been to Westin Charlotte? Share your experiences!