“Nice Westin property” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“Nice Westin property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

No acknowledgement of being SPG Platinum upon check-in?!?!?!? I thought we had something special, SPG....

This property has the standard Westin room layout and quality, which is nice.

I was travelling for business but I found the prices a little steep along with the cost of parking. I switched over to the aloft mid-week, which has been enjoyable but is surrounded by busy streets. Both are probably the best SPG options around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We definitely value our Starwood Preferred Guests, especially our platinum members! We hope you'll be staying with us very soon so we can show you a true Westin Charlotte stay! - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Great stay at the Westin for my week long stay in Charlotte. I hadn't stayed at a Westin for awhile but it didn't take me long to remember the heavenly bed once I slipped into it. I had an awesome corner room that had great views. The elevators at times were a bit slow but it was a large conference. Starbucks in the rooms which is a nice treat and a full service Starbucks down in the lobby. Room service was the normal twenty
Buck hamburger. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. We will have a Heavenly Bed waiting for you! - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Great location, right off the interstate spur. Room was reasonable for an upscale place, had been refurbished and was well kept. They will let you self-park, a big deal for me. Still had the dreaded Internet access fee (when will big hotels cease this annoyance?), but you could get it in the lobby for free.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and was able to take advantage of the free wi-fi in our lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had a short stay on the way out of town. Very nice room with a comfortable bed. Wish they would have had a shuttle to the airport. Taxi was expensive. I slept really well in the room. Will return next time I need a hotel in Charlotte.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted you were able to make a stop at our hotel during your visit to the Queen City! We hope your travels bring you back very soon!
Roxboro NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had to stay at the Westin in Charlotte for a conference. I had a lot of trouble getting my room reservations made through the 800 number so I switched and used the hotel's direct number and tried again. Same kind of problem existed and ended up having the coordinator of the conference assist me with getting the type of sleeping room we needed. Rates were quoted as "government" but when I went on a very discount websites they were offering the same rate as the perceived lower rate we were being given. The information in the room said the room was rated as $500 per night. - Yes, this is Charlottte NC - not New York City! Carpet had a wad of chewing gum on the floor - large stains on the carpet also. Watch picking up the bottle water in the room - 2 bottles and one has a card attached that says "FREE" - the other one in small print says $2.25. A small over lookable card next to the phone says on the BACK of the card all the charges for using the phone - either local calls or 800 numbers. Towels are really good. Bathroom amenities are good products. Meetings rooms are very drafty and COLD. Sleeping room temperature is very controllable and comfortable. Remote to tv didn't work well - probably low battery that housekeeping doesn't check (probably have to have a maintenance man do that!). Card keys didn't always work. Banquet food was OUTSTANDING. The best thing about this hotel are the front-line employees. Housekeeping staff spoke to you - genuinely . Bellmen/parking personnel OUTSTANDING and made you feel welcome. Desk staff really helpful - EMILY and SONJA were awesome...would only stay here again if I HAD to....the property isn't kept up very well.

Room Tip: Stayed on 6th floor...very quiet on room levels.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad our team was able to exceed your expectations, but overall I apologize we did not WOW you on your recent stay. We value the opinions of our guest, and want to strive to create a memorable experience every time. We hope you will choose The Westin Charlotte again soon, so we can show you a true Westin experience. Be well.
Lenoir, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Do not even consider staying at this property if you are driving a car. I left the hotel yesterday, went to my auto in the parking deck, got in my car, and it took over 50 minutes to get out of the parking deck. Cars were in a traffic jam that wound around for three levels of the parking deck. Calls to both the manager on duty of the hotel and to the general manager’s office were completely unheeded. They did nothing. Once to the lone place to check out, there was one confusing machine and an unstaffed parking office. This hotel has been open for over five years, yet they are totally clueless when it comes to parking management. To add insult to injury, the receipt part of the payment machine was broken. That many people would be leaving at this time was completely predicable…..yet no preplanning at all had taken place, nor, when apprised of the problem, were any steps taken, by hotel management, in over 50 minutes, to alleviate the situation. A shameful display of both apathy and incompetence.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your experience in the parking deck was less than enjoyable. I will certainly share this review with Laz, the company that owns the deck next to our hotel. This rare occurrence in the deck I hope will not deter you from visiting us in the future; we would love to show you a 100% Westin experience. Be well.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife to celebrate her birthday in Charlotte. The Westin had a perfect downtown location. It is within walking distance from The NASCAR hall of fame as well as The Bank of America football stadium. The rooms were remarkably clean, spacious and nicely furnished. The staff was very nice and accommodative of personalized requests. They helped me arrange a surprise birthday cake for her as soon as we entered the room. Unfortunately, we had some delay driving there but the staff still managed to accommodate that delay. The breakfast at their restaurant was somewhat disappointing and expensive. Although kids ate for free but me and my wife somehow still ended paying close to $50 for some eggs and continental breakfast. I will definitely recommend staying at the hotel but not eat there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your 5-Star review! I'm delighted our team was able to help surprise your wife! We do hope you will be visiting with us again very soon. Be well!

Been to Westin Charlotte? Share your experiences!