Stayed here for the second time in two years. This time for the Queen City Classic volleyball tournament.
The Good - - Great location directly across the street from the convention center. Great room rate thru the volleyball group & convention center. Hotel is beautiful. Rooms well maintained and beds were comfortable. Has indoor pool and NICE & big fitness center on 3rd floor. In room safe, mini fridge, and coffee maker and clock radio w iPod docking station (older wider plug). Shower has rain head and handheld shower head as well.
Free wifi in LOBBY ONLY. Ember Grille restaurant was tasty but seemed a bit pricey. Lobby Bar was comfortable place to chill while listening to the water run over the rocks in the indoor water feature. A quick 15 min cab ride from CLT airport ($25).
The Not So Good - -
1) free wifi only in lobby. Wifi access in room was $12.95/day/device. Ouch. Come on, let's be realistic - Holiday Inn offers free wifi.
2) price of drinks were high but maybe this is all over the city. $8.66 for a Kahlua & cream; $10 for a Black Russian.
Summary...great place to stay in the city. Close to restaurants, museums, businesses, and stadium. The first visit was for business, this visit was for pleasure. Very nice staff to assist you throughout your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the uptown financial district of North Carolina's most exciting city, The Westin Charlotte is just a short trolley-ride away from popular dining and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Charlotte Hotel Charlotte
- Charlotte Westin